Applications are currently invited from International Master’s students to be considered for a number of scholarships to study at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands. The scholarships are awarded for 2022/2023 academic sessions, but durations may vary per scholarship programme.
A variety of scholarship programs exist for international Master’s students. These scholarships program is highly competitive for the scholarship allows Masters level program in the field of all Subjects taught at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands
Scholarship Type: Partially Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
VU Amsterdam International Masters Scholarships | Details
The Study in Holland website also contains information on grant possibilities. These are the ones most commonly awarded to students:
Scholarships offered by VU Amsterdam:
- VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP)
- Holland Scholarship Programme (HSP)
- Orange Tulip Scholarship (OTS)
- Fulbright scholarship
Other scholarship options:
- Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP)
- NN Future Matters Scholarship
- Desmond Fortes Scholarship
- STUNED Scholarship Programme
- Indonesia Endowment Fund of Education (LPDP)
- Russian Global Education Program
- Jean Monnet Scholarship Programme
- Chinese Government Scholarship (Chinese University Programme)
Student Loan Programmes:
- Direct Loan Programme (financial aid for US students)
- SallieMae Smart Option Loan
- Erasmus+ Master Loan
Eligibility conditions for each VU Amsterdam Scholarship may vary, however applicants are generally expected to meet the following conditions:
- You hold a non- EU/ EEA passport and you are not eligible for the lower tuition fee.
- You do not have the Dutch nationality.
- You can prove your academic excellence (GPA equivalent to a Dutch 8).
- You are conditionally or unconditionally admitted to the first year of a full-time English-taught Master’s programme at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam starting per September 2022. Please note that:
- Students starting in February cannot apply,
- Joint programmes where VU Amsterdam does not administer the admission process are excluded from VUFP. The degree with which you are seeking admission has not been obtained in the Netherlands.
- You do not need to complete a preparatory programme before the start of your Master.
How-to-Apply: When applying for the VU Amsterdam Scholarships for international Master’s students, you automatically also apply for the other variety of scholarship program exist for international Master’s students. No separate application is necessary.
It is essential that you submit your programme application in time if you wish to apply for the scholarships.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2022