The University of Waikato is now accepting applications for International Excellence Scholarships. These scholarships are open to the students who are enrolling for the first time into undergraduate or postgraduate programs at the University of Waikato With the value of NZD $ 20,000, the scholarship will be awarded to successful applicants of any country who demonstrate excellent academic achievement, and the ability to become a global ambassador for the university.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Great offer for international students to study in New Zealand with a $10,000 study fund.
3.67 (6 votes)
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga. It is a consistent climber in the most prestigious international rankings.
Why study at the University of Waikato? This University is committed to providing world-class education and research portfolio, providing a complete and dynamic university experience, specialized in character, and strong international links for advance knowledge.
- Application Deadline: Applications for 2022 can be submitted at any time
- University or Organization: The University of Waikato
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, postgraduate degree or Research program.
- Awards: NZD $ 20,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Numbers of Award: Not Known
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from North America: USA, Canada Latin America: Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Chile Europe: Germany, UK, France, Norway East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan-South Asia: India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan South East Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam Middle East: Jordan, Iran Africa: Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mauritius are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- be a citizen of, or currently studying in, one of the countries listed in Table 1
- not currently be enrolled at the University of Waikato (including the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English, the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies, the International Diploma of Business or Science or any other pre-degree pathway programme)
- not have paid fees at the time of application
- be applying to enrol for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree1 at the University of Waikato;
- not be classified as a domestic student (see clause 7.3.d)
- have met the University of Waikato’s English language requirements for admission, or have an offer for the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English at the University of Waikato, prior to beginning any studies through UOW
- have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato
- in the year of tenure, be commencing a full-time programme/s of study with a total duration of at least 12 months at the University of Waikato
- be residing in New Zealand for the tenure of the scholarship and may only study a maximum of 50% of their course online (if this option is available)
- not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body2
- not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement3, or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement
- have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: https://www.waikato.ac.nz/scholarships/application-forms/university-of-waikato-international-excellence-scholarship
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents: their Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato; and b) a personal statement that sets out the following (on the template provided): What are your career goals/aspirations?, How will an international education experience help you to achieve these goals?, What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
- Admission Requirements: To apply for this scholarship, the applicants must be applying to enroll for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree1at the University of Waikato
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The Scholarship will have a value of up to NZD$20,000 and will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees for their chosen programme/s of study once their enrolment is completed.