The University of Kent is inviting applications from interested and qualified applicants for its Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) Doctoral Scholarship 2022. The EPSRC scholarship opportunity is available to both domestic and international students. –
The studentship is starting in September 2022. The scholarship program covers tuition fees and an annual maintenance grant (£15,609 for 2021/22) for all applicants who wish to study in the University.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Kent, UK
Scholarship Type: Academic Award
Host Institution(s): University of Kent, UK
Scholarship Worth: Covers tuition fees & annual maintenance grant £15,609
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
University of Kent EPSRC Doctoral Scholarship | DETAILS
These scholarships include a doctoral stipend (equivalent to the Research Councils UK National Minimum Doctoral Stipend, £15,609 2021/22 rate (2022/2023 rate to be announced) for 3.5 years, tuition fees at the home rate and access to further research support funding.
If you are applying as an international candidate, Kent will waive the difference between Home and International fees.
To be eligible for University of Kent EPSRC Doctoral Scholarship, you are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Open to Home and Overseas (including EU) students. To be classed as a Home student, candidates must meet the RCUK residency criteria, see appendix B.
UK residential conditions:
- Be a UK National (meeting UKRI residency requirements), or
- Have settled status, or
- Have pre-settled status (meeting residency requirement) or
- Have indefinite leave to remain or enter
If you are applying as an overseas student (this includes EU nationals), Kent will waive the difference between the Home and Oversea fees. The number of international studentships awarded per cohort is capped by UKRI at 30%
- Successful candidates will demonstrate academic excellence and outstanding research potential.
- Applicants should have, or expect to obtain, a first or upper second-class honours degree in a relevant subject, and ideally a Master’s degree or equivalent.
How-to-Apply: When applying, students should follow the University of Kent’s online application process. As part of the process, students should include the following:
- Explain reasons for study/outline research proposal
- Provide details/evidence of qualifications
- Provide two academic references
- Provide other personal information and supporting documentation.
Application Deadline: March 22, 2022