The UNESCO International Centre for Biotechnology (UNESCO ICB) in partnership with the Federal Government of Nigeria is pleased to announce the UNESCO ICB Scholarships 2021/22 for young Nigerian Students.
The UNESCO scholarship which aims at supporting students carrying out biotechnology related research and training in food security, tropical diseases, and bioresources conservation. Each successful applicant will receive an award for one academic year towards tuition fee, accommodation, books and living expenses.-
Scholarship Sponsor(s): UNESCO, Federal Government of Nigeria
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
UNESCO ICB Scholarships 2021/22 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the UNESCO Scholarships, applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be a registered student in a tertiary academic institution in Nigeria.
- Must be studying courses related to biotechnology including agriculture, biosciences, bioengineering, etc. relevant to the Centre’s thematic areas – food security, tropical diseases, and bioresources conservation.
- Possess a current cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2nd Class Upper at the time of application for Final Year Bachelor’s degree or at least 2nd Class Upper CGPA for the most recently completed degree for MSc and PhD students.
- Tuition fee payment.
- Accommodation allowance
- Books and living allowances.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the UNESCO ICB Scholarships 2021/22 are to send their application documents in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject heading “Application for 2021 Scholarship, Type” [replace Type with BSc or MSc or PhD as applicable].
- Motivation letter by the student, including email address and phone number
- Copies of current student ID and admission letter
- Copies of current certificates and academic transcripts
- Supporting letter from current Head of Department on official letterhead, confirming the Students’ academic status.
Application Deadline: 4th November 2021