Applications for the UK Government GREAT Scholarships 2022-23 are currently open. Candidates from eligible African and Asian countries are invited to apply.
Funded by UK Government funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions, about 8 to 9 postgraduate scholarships are available for each eligible country and funded to a minimum of £10,000 for one-year postgraduate.-
Scholarship Sponsor(s): British Council/GREAT
Scholarship to be taken at: Universities in UK (list below)
Scholarship Worth: minimum of £10,000 per awardee
Number of Awards: 8 to 9 scholarships per country per year
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: See eligible countries (below).
Study UK GREAT Scholarships 2022-23 | Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for these scholarships may vary depending on your country. To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of an eligible country (listed below).
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to enter a postgraduate (taught) programme in a UK university
- be motivated and academically able to follow a UK postgraduate course
- active in the field with work experience or proven interest in the subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK university
- Meet other specific country eligibility (find out specific eligibility by country on the official scholarship page – link provided below)
The scholarships are available for the following countries – Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Thailand.
Eligible Universities in UK:
The UK Government GREAT Scholarships are hosted at the following institutions, list may be updated at anytime. Please make sure to confirm from scholarship application page.
Anglia Ruskin University
Birmingham City University
Bishop Grosseteste University
Edinburgh Napier University
Goldsmiths, University of London
Imperial College London
Nottingham Trent University
Oxford Brookes University
Robert Gordon University
Royal Academy of Music
Royal Agricultural University
Sheffield Hallam University
Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
University College London
University of Bath
University of Bristol
University of Cambridge
University of Derby
University of Dundee
University of East Anglia
University of Edinburgh
University of Essex
University of Exeter
University of Glasgow
University of Greenwich
University of Hull
University of Kent
University of Manchester
University of Northampton
University of Nottingham
University of Reading
University of South Wales
University of Stirling
University of Warwick
University of York
How-to-Apply: To apply for the UK Government GREAT Scholarships, the following steps are outlined;
- Filter the universities listed on the ‘find a scholarship’ page and click on the university page to access detailed information about the scholarships on offer.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
Application Deadline: Varies according to host university