PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Territory Sales Manager
Job Requisition ID: JR000631
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
Job Type: Full time
Revision number: 002
Reports to: Area Sales Manager
Direct reports: are Wholesales Officers
Peers are other: Territory Sales Manager
- Why does the job exist? To execute the company’s sales plan, thereby ensuring profitability and growth of the company’s brands in the designated territory.
- Peer Relationships
- Attach organization chart showing manager and direct reports as well as peers
- Turnover of unit
- Budget responsibility
- Team Size
- The key outputs of the job
- List in priority order if possible, typically 8-10
- NOT a task list
- Any requirement for organizing & planning including own work and the allocation of resources
- Typical decisions made and if they are advisory or directly responsible for the outcome
- Key Distributor management to deliver positive ROI.
- Efficient supervision of Secondary sales team to drive products availability/Performance management.
- Retail account management and creation.
- To set territory sales targets & objectives from the overall business targets and objectives.
- Coaching and accompaniment with Directs reports to enhance efficiency.
- Managing outlets-ensure proper servicing, settle disputes, handle complaints, communicate trade promotions and consumer promotions, oversee merchandising and manage payment terms.
- Develop Distribution-add new markets, new outlets, new beats, new yans, handcarts, trikes and bikes.
- Meet secondary sales volume and target for the territory.
- Manage KD Staff-sales reps and KPO, Review them daily.
- Manage KD Warehouse- maintain FIFO, Stacking norm Market visit-At least 12 full days per month, accompanied call with each SR at least one full day in a month.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Identify the most significant ones
- Attach a preferred suppliers list if available
- Detail which networks the jobholder will be part of e.g. finance, category
- Departmental Meetings
- Territorial Sales Meetings
- Area Sales Meetings
- Annual Sales Conference
- Distributor’s forum.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed
- Possess a University Degree, in any discipline, preferably in Business Administration.
- Possess two (2) to three (3) years experience within a reputable/ multinational company.
- List any qualifications required to do the job
- Be specific about the experience needed
- Focus on type of experience not the time served
- Be a computer expert especially in MS Word, Excel and Power point.
- Have strong numerical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be a team player with the ability to drive the team to unsurpassed success.
- Be mobile and willing to be flexible in terms of location.
Job Context & Special Features:
- Explain any special features or context in which the job operates
- Detail any language or mobility requirements.
- Previous experience of working in a food industry (preferably edible oil sector) would be advantageous.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online