Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Telco Cloud Field Engineer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
What your day will look like:
- Match customer requirements to advanced capabilities in the VNF/CNF/NFVi/NFVO/VNFM/VIM/MEC space.
- Provide technical pre-sales consulting to Service Provider teams
- Design and implement telco-grade open source multi-tenant private clouds and micro clouds.
- Investigate, report and/or fix software defects uncovered during customer deployments.
- Demonstrate advanced Infrastructure as code (IaC) techniques relevant to telco
- Architect and implement advanced, resilient Service Provider Cloud and Application solutions.
- Design and deliver software defined infrastructure with OpenStack, Kubernetes, MAAS and Ceph.
- Learn model-driven operations with Juju charms for Kafka, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, NGINX, and more.
- Help customers adopt advanced Bare Metal, Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud solutions.
- Learn from customer engagements and drive meaningful product improvements
- Shape our roadmap to accelerate our growth in the telco market.
What we are looking for in you:
- Python software development experience.
- A thorough understanding of the telco NFVi (VIM), NFVO, VNFM and MEC space
- Technical understanding of key telco technologies like CPU Pinning, NUMA, SRIOV, DPDK, etc.
- A thorough working understanding of the architectures and infrastructure of MNOs and CSPs.
- Working knowledge of Mobile Packet Core, Radio, VAS, OSS/BSS.
- Understanding of best practices for open source technology in telco virtualisation
- Working knowledge of Linux, Openstack and Kubernetes networking.
- A passion to automate and improve all aspects of open source products and tooling.
- Ability to lead complex projects from start to finish.
- A collaborative attitude with a keen eye on customer success.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities.
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time for events, customer meetings, project delivery.
Additional skills that you might also bring:
- Widely spoken second language such as Japanese, French, German, Spanish or Portuguese
- Track record of open source contributions
What We Offer You
- Your base pay will depend on various factors including your geographical location, level of experience, knowledge and skills. In addition to the benefits above, certain roles are also eligible for additional benefits and rewards including annual bonuses and sales incentives based on revenue or utilisation.
- Our compensation philosophy is to ensure equity right across our global workforce.
- In addition to a competitive base pay, we provide all team members with additional benefits, which reflect our values and ideals.
- Please note that additional benefits may apply depending on the work location and, for more information on these, you can ask in the later stages of the recruitment process.
- Fully remote working environment – we’ve been working remotely since 2004!
- Personal learning and development budget of 2,000USD per annum
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual holiday leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to travel to new locations to meet colleagues at ‘sprints’
- Priority Pass for travel and travel upgrades for long haul company events.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online