ABB is a leading global engineering company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by 110,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Service Specialist
Publication ID: NG84684633_E1
Job type: Full-Time Regular / Permanent
- You will be working as R&D Team Leader Egypt and will be the part of Electrification business area for Services division based in Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria.
- In this role you will be reporting to Uchenna Obika and will be responsible for ensuring the service portfolio is delivered effectively according to ABB standard processes and safety guidelines to satisfy customers, executing technical support and act as specialist in own area of expertise. In collaboration with the customer and ABB units/sales teams ensuring customer needs are understood and business opportunities utilized for service growth
- Providing technical support by identifying technical problems and determining corrective actions in own area of expertise via remote or on-site service in any service category, investigating customer needs through professional consulting
- Providing technical consulting and specialist assistance on service solutions to management and customers by giving relevant inputs on customer requirements and proposed service products/solutions
- Determining effective service applications, equipment and methods to develop, market or manufacture new service offerings to respond to customer requirements cost effectively, managing customer relationships and maintaining regular contacts with key customers
- Identifying new sales opportunities, conducting specialist support and advisory service for sales team, ensuring accurate communication and exchange of technical information to the customers, coordinating and performing specialist service projects in relevant areas internally and externally
- Preparing all required technical documents and reporting for project contracts to be signed by the customer representative, reporting work done in a timely manner and providing relevant technical supporting documents to the service execution teams and following up
- Participating in maintenance meetings and improvement activities to proactively provide suggestions for product and quality improvement and sharing with ABB organization/management
- Providing technical specialist support and coordinating for the service team, planning activities, coordinating the work of internal and external technicians and assigning them specific tasks related to service needs, supervising project teams and contractors at work site and monitoring performance
- Applying safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities, reporting unsafe practices and incidents
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 2-5 years of experience in MV switchgears/LV switchgears, with compact secondary substations, medium voltage switchgears and circuit breakers
- Experience as team leader or projects manager is desirable
- Fluency in English language is mandatory
- Retirement plan.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: In order to be employed by ABB you will need to fully comply with / fulfill all local ABB employment requirements / processes.