Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Database
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of data processing.
- S/he is responsible for the planning, maintenance and development of the project’s databases and Geographical information system (GIS).
- Other responsibilities include, the design and creation of spatial products, including maps, digital data, reports and statistics.
- S/he will administer and maintain the project’s DBMS, monitor and optimize the DBMS and coordinate data management issues (e.g., deletion of records, query management, Internet reports) within the data users’ group. Run checks to ensure the security and confidentiality of the AHNI/Nigeria identifiable health data.
- Monitor research staff’s compliance with confidentiality policies to assure that security standards are met and advice on the acquisition of the appropriate Database Management Systems as needed.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- M.Sc / MA in Geographic Information Systems, Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent, and 4 – 6 years post-national youth service relevant experience.
- B.Sc / BA Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years post-national youth service relevant experience.
- Strong background in geospatial and health information systems (GIS) and/or database management is required.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: M&EJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
Click Here for More Information
- Only Applications submitted electronically, with the JOB TITLE and LOCATION clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants must be resident in the state.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview