Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships: You can live and study in a country with a booming economy and vibrant cultural life, where innovation meets tradition. Applications are invited from students for the 2022/2023 Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for International Student.
Obtaining a degree at a Hungarian university will give you an exceptional opportunity to acquire highly competitive knowledge and a special international experience in the heart of Europe. International students are encouraged to take advantage of the scholarship to enrol for an undergraduate, Masters and PhD degree programme.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Hungarian Government
Host Institution(s): Hungary Tertiary Institutions
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Study level: Undergraduate, Masters and Non-degree programmes
Nationality: International students.
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship | DETAILS
The Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship programme was established by the Hungarian Government to promote the internationalisation of the Hungarian higher education and to attract top foreign students from all around the world who can establish personal and professional attachments to Hungary while enjoying high quality education in the heart of Europe. While studying in Hungary, students will enjoy affordable living costs with great benefit-cost ratio, a safe and friendly living environment with convenient public transport, a vibrant cultural life, and several UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
To be eligible for the 2022/2023 Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate, masters and PhD degree programme at a university in Hungary.
- Applicants must ensure that their chosen programmes are relevant to their field of studies.
- Applicants for the undergraduate scholarship must have obtained relevant high school certificates for admission into an undergraduate programme at a university in Hungary.
- Applicants for the Masters and PhD programmes must have obtained relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree certificates respectively for admission into the relevant programmes.
- Applicants for the doctoral studies scholarship are to remember to find a supervisor.
For Full time studies, students from the following countries can apply:
Egypt, Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Brazil, Georgia, Iran, Pakistan, Japan, Cambodia, Morocco, Thailand, Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao, Lebanon, , Malaysia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Palestine, Panama, Algeria, Bangladesh, China, Albania, Angola, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cape Verde, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Moldova, Namibia, North Macedonia, Paraguay, Rwanda, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, Sudan, Philippines, Myanmar, Tajikistan, Turkey, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Russian, Vietnam, Eritrea, Israel, Kuwait, Syria, Jordan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Tanzania.
For partial (exchange) study programmes, students from the following countries can apply:
Costa Rica, Nigeria, Georgia, Brazil, Japan, Cambodia, Morocco, Lebanon, Mongolia, China, Albania, Belarus, Chile, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Korea,Moldova, North Macedonia, Rwanda, Singapore, Turkey, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Russia, Syria, Mexico, Israel, Yemen.
- Tuition-free education
- Monthly stipend
- Accommodation contribution – free dormitory place
- Medical insurance – health care services and supplementary medical insurance
How-to-Apply: Applications for the 2022/23 Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for International Students are processed in an online application system. Applicants are to ensure that all supporting documents are uploaded to the application portal before the application expiration date.
- Online application form
- Motivation letter
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian language.
- School certificates
- Copy of identification document
- Medical certificate
Visit the Official Webpage for Details
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2022 at 23:59 (Central European Time)