PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Requisition ID: 409882WD
Job type: Full time
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Specialism: IFS – Network Management
Management Level: Senior Associate
Job Description & Summary
- The Innovation Team is at the core of innovation and emerging technology development, discovery, deployment and support activity. Our team is leading the effort to digitally enable our business. Our mission is to develop disruptive & innovative technologies and products that drive the evolution of how we deliver our services now and in the future.
- The key technology domains we are currently focused on include business process automation, data curation, industrialized analytics, machine learning & AI and scalable delivery platform.
- A career in our Software Engineering practice, within Innovation Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients’ redesign, redefine, and redeploy their assurance and/or tax departments to be a strategic asset across the enterprise.
- You’ll focus on assisting clients as they incorporate increased automation, machine learning, data & analytics, Open Source technologies into their processes to deliver better quality output and contribute more strategically to organisational decision making.
- Our team focuses on working closely with other developers to build new features, fix bugs, and assist in testing across multiple capabilities while learning and exploring new technologies.
- As a Senior Associate, You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture.
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings.
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
Requirements and Preferences
- 5 years of progressive roles in Software Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline. However, knowledge in Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis & Management Information Systems is highly desirable.
- Experience with Agile Methodology is desirable.
Skills / Competence Requirements:
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Mandatory knowledge of C# programming language
- Knowledge of other programming languages
- Familiarity with databases mySql, Sql server, internet information services (IIS) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- A great analytical mind
- Leadership skills to mentor junior engineer
Application Closing Date
10th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online