Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Operations Strategy Analyst
Department: Operations And Technology
- The Senior Operations Strategy Analyst is responsible for driving strategy and performance improvements across the Operations units of the Interswitch Backbone.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong Operations Management and Strategy background along with research and benchmarking skills.
- S/he will ensure that our operations processes and resources are optimized to achieve strategic goals as well as identifying and overseeing improvement opportunities to drive operational excellence within the Backbone.
- S/he will conduct internal as well as competitor and other industry research / benchmarking activities to provide actionable insights for decision making.
- Support definition of the departmental vision, culture, and performance standards as well as oversee adoption at all levels within the department
- Create / revise operations strategy documents based on corporate strategy
- Oversee performance tracking against strategic objectives; Establish KPIs and develop performance measures to determine the effectiveness of implemented strategies
- Create reports and presentations on department performance against key indicators to provide meaningful insights
- Track process efficiency and effectiveness; Work with cross functional teams to identify blockers and drive improvements.
- Manage operational excellence programs and projects that will drive overall operations effectiveness and efficiency
- Work closely with the team manager(s) to develop and follow project roadmaps, including key activities, stakeholder engagement and milestones
- Facilitate change management, ensuring the necessary governing structure and processes are in place to achieve sustained improvements in performance across operations
- Ensure that sound operational processes and procedures are developed and documented.
- Research industry trends, conduct surveys, analyze competitor data etc, to determine potential threats / issues or opportunities for improvements; Identify opportunities for achieving competitive advantage within operations
- Build detailed business plans, create presentations and other documents supported by strong qualitative and quantitative insights for improvement opportunities.
- Develop innovative analytical methodologies to answer strategic business questions across operations unit
- Work with operations and technology teams to deliver analyses, insights, and actionable recommendations that create meaningful impact.
Education and Experience
- First Degree in Engineering, Management or Sciences.
- Project Management and Operations Improvement / Efficiency certifications (Lean, 6 sigma, Safe Agile, PMI)
Experience (Number of relevant years):
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in Operations with 2 years in a supervisory role
- Fintech managerial experience or previous experience in Management Consulting will be an added advantage.
- Business Strategy definition and execution
- Competitor research and benchmarking
- Demonstrable experience in business process improvement / re-engineering to deliver operational excellence
- Resource and cost optimization
- Strategic program / project managemen
- Relationship Management
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and data modeling skills.
- Problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Experience in applied researc
- Experience working in a face-paced enterprise technology environmen
- Excellent communication skills and in-depth knowledge of various product domains will help you succeed in this role.
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable managing relationships and balancing requirements across diverse stakeholder groups.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-motivated and directed.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online