UHR Consult Limited – Our client, a reputable Hospital, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Billing / HMO Officer
Location: Asaba, Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client is recruiting fo a Medical Billing / HMO Officer who will responsible for planning and overseeing health services, coordination of health workers, managing NHIS/HMO quality initiatives, coordination of meetings, carrying out billing and collections functions of a hospital.
- The billing officer must ensure that every patient that sees the doctor or receives any other treatments is billed appropriately and that the payment is made to the cashier.
- It is the duty of the billing officer to see to it that patients especially the Corporate/HMO patients get their drugs. This he/she must carry out with the consultation of the Pharmacist.
- Ensure that bills sent out are correct and correspond with the treatment given and received by the patient.
- To ensure that the billing guide is in line with the current economic changes so that the Hospital does not run at a loss.
- Ensure that all HMO platforms are adequately followed and patients are treated according to their plans.
- Ensure that every HMO patient whose platform is not covered for the required treatment is treated as either a private patient and /or get adequate code from the company before commencement of treatment.
- Work in synergy with the records unit to ensure all required information is processed.
- Follow up with payment of bills sent to HMO’s, corporate clients for proper reconciliation.
- Any other duty as may be officially assigned.
- B.Sc in Business Administration, Health, Science or in any related field.
- HMO Experience is required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Any additional certification (professional membership of health, the management or related bodies) is a plus.
Competency and Technical Skill Requirements:
- Proficiency in MS Office, with exceptional knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Google Docs
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Computer proficiency
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Time management
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.