Leiden University is making available numerous scholarships to both domestic and international students through the Minerva Scholarship Fund. Students applying to study in Netherlands, and indeed, at Leiden University stand the chance to be awarded this scholarship. Students of all disciplines are welcome to apply.
The Minerva Scholarship Fund Foundation aims to provide scholarships for study and research projects within various fields of study. In particular, the MSF strives to fund exceptional and exclusive student projects, both in the Netherlands and abroad. The Minerva Scholarship Fund is an initiative of the Leiden Minerva Student Association.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Leiden University, Netherland
Scholarship Type: Funded
Host Institution(s): Leiden University, Netherland
Scholarship Worth: €2000 & Research costs; international travel and living costs
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Bachelor & Masters
Nationality: International Students
Leiden University Minerva Scholarship for International Students | Details
Since 2009, the Minerva Scholarship Fund Foundation (MSF) has provided Leiden University students of all disciplines with scholarships for study and research projects. The MSF also strives to support exceptional student projects overseas.
Minerva Scholarship Fund Foundation (MSF) recognizes the following faculties for the scholarship awards:
Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON)
To be eligible for Leiden University Minerva Scholarship Fund for International Students, you are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants from all nationalities
- Applicants must enroll in full-time program
- Applicants are registered as a Bachelor or Master student at Leiden University.
- You do not need to be a member of L.S.V. Minerva.
- The application pertains to an exceptional or prestigious study or research project in the Netherlands or abroad.
- The project falls into one of the following categories: internship, study or research. PhD tracks and complete Master programmes are not eligible.
How-to-Apply: Download an application form from www.minervascholarshipfund.com.
- Complete the form.
- Check you have all the required documents.
- Submit your complete application dossier to the address provided, before the deadline.
The allocation committee (consisting of Leiden lecturers from various disciples) will evaluate all applications on the basis of predetermined criteria. During the evaluation process, attention is given to the relevance of the research and how it will contribute to the advancement of academic knowledge. You will be informed (max.) one month after the application deadline whether you have been awarded a scholarship.
Application Deadline: April 15 and December 15, 2022