EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: Sangotedo, Lagos
Department: Laboratory and Diagnostics
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
Purpose of the position
- The Laboratory Technician will be expected to provide first-class services by applying skills and scientific knowledge to support accurate medical diagnoses and the wellbeing of our patients.
- In this role, you will perform a variety of laboratory tests and procedures to assist in diagnosing, monitoring, treating and preventing disease.
What you’ll do
The Laboratory Technician will support EHA Clinics Laboratory & Diagnostics department predominantly to:
- Perform phlebotomy on adults and children
- Perform laboratory investigations while adhering strictly to the SOP
- Operate and manage automatic hematology and chemistry analyzers, pipettes, thermometers, balances, and other lab apparatus.
- Ensure to maintain a clean work floor and dispose of waste appropriately.
- Conduct group responsibilities accurately and on time.
- Maintain and update laboratory checklists regularly
- Label, sort and check specimens and organize all information into the computer system
- Serve as a resource for all members of the staff, which includes answering questions when asked and participating in any educational opportunities as they arise
- Create a safe environment for everybody by keeping work areas clean and ensuring none of the medical equipment becomes contaminated
- Provide assistance in various functions of the laboratory
- Proficiency in performing laboratory inventory.
- Ensure to maintain equipment properly
- Perform quality control on various laboratory equipment
- Use a Lab Information Management System for specimen tracking, results entry, and reporting.
- Contribute to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers by following established standards and procedures, and complying with legal regulations.
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Serve and protect the Diagnostic firm by adhering to professional standards, laboratory policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and other pre-specified standards.
- Enhance laboratory services and laboratory reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Assess patient and family readiness and identify learning needs.
- Lead/encourage multidisciplinary approach for patient’s discharge.
- Develop and implement the teaching plan utilizing patient education manual.
- Document patient and family education.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Adhere to Policies and Procedures.
- Adhere to EHA Clinics Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
EHA Clinics requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date:
- S/he is expected to continue to learn throughout their career at EHA Clinics through continuing professional development (CPD). The professional body relating to specialist areas will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and how much should be completed each year.
Key Areas of Note
- Ensure continuing education, training and development is undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with the improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
- Audit of clinical practice and review of relevant literature.
- Research unusual symptoms and treatment options, through consultation with physicians and other medical specialists.
- Provide literature reviews and the like; review, analyze and determine the significance of a variety of diagnostic test results.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Minimum qualification of Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) from an accredited School of Health Technology.
- Up-to-date complete registration and practicing license
- Certification from the Association of the Institute of Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (AMLSCN)
- 1 – 4 years of experience in a medical laboratory, hospital or clinic.
- Relevant medical laboratory certification will be an added advantage.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Hold Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication
- Working Under Pressure
- Humane, Empathetic and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
- Attention to Detail
- Proficiency in performing laboratory inventory.
- Proficient in microbiology techniques such as streaking, susceptibility measurements, among others
- Good knowledge of parasite identification and proficiency in microscopy
- Knowledge of laboratory sample transportation and preservation/storage.
N1,076,250.00 – N2,630,509.63 Annually.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Healthcare: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to four (4) children under 21 years of age, or parents who are dependents of the employee (a total of 6 enrollees including the Primary) and supplemental health care coverage up to a cumulative maximum of N3,000,000 per household (a total of 6 enrollees including the Primary) in any twelve (12) calendar months.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for team members. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon the successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effectivedate of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days of paid annual leave (based on full-timework schedule).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online