The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is open to citizens of certain developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master degree program in a development-related topic. Applications are currently invited from eligible candidates.
The 2022 JJWBGSP offers scholarships for 26 Participating Programs at universities in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management.-
Scholarship Sponsor(s): World Bank /Japanese Government
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Various
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Up to 200 per year
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: Developing countries
World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2022 | ELIGIBILITY
Every call for application comes with detailed eligibility criteria. Broadly speaking, JJ/WBGSP scholarships are open to Developing Country nationals who must:
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country on this list;
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Other eligibility conditions attached to the call [see official page]
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
How to Apply: Interested applicants can submit their applications by accessing the online application form. The 2022 Online Application Form for Developing Country Nationals accessible within the application window.
- Application Window 1: February 28, 2022
- Application Window 2: May 27, 2022