SIMS Nigeria Limited – We specialize in the assembly, distribution and sales of consumer electronics from major brands such as – Samsung, Panasonic, Royal, Skyworth, Electrolux, Bosch, Philips and Powermatic.
Our business started out in 1987 and since then we have grown to be a market leader in the home appliances & consumer electronics market in Nigeria. We operate a number of branches that cut across most of Nigeria’s geopolitical zones in major cities such as Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Abuja, Onitsha, Enugu, Uyo and Kano.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WordPress Developer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Meeting with project manager and client liaison to discuss website design and function. – Designing and building the website front-end.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Creating and guiding the website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration. – Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin. Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
- Installing, Configuring, and Managing WooCommerce
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions. – Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- 3 – 5+ years demonstrable experience as a WordPress Developer.
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Good project management skills – Good communication skills
- Proficient in My SQL.
- Dedicated team player – High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online