One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Officer
Locations: Minna and Mokwa, Niger
Employment Type: Full time
- The Warehouse Officer is responsible for all Warehouse operations at the warehouse and for upholding all policies outlined in the Logistics Global Policy Manual.
- The Warehouse Officer oversees all receipt, storage, distribution, reconciliation, and security of inventory at the warehouse.
- The Warehouse Officer is responsible for accurately completing, organizing, storing, and submitting to the Logistics Specialist, all warehouse documentation. The Warehouse Officer is responsible for organizing and ensuring the security of all staff at the Warehouse.
Documentation & Reporting:
- Accurately completing, organizing, storing and submitting all required warehouse transaction documents.
- Accurately collecting, organizing, storing and submitting all required documentation from inputs received.
Physical Inventory & Warehouse Management:
- Overseeing the receiving of all inventory items into the warehouse
- Conducting the Receiving Q/C Process when required
- Coordinating Inputs Receiving timelines with HQ
- Ensuring all inputs are stacked neatly, at all times, in accordance with Global Policy
- Ensuring all inputs are appropriately segregated by lot/batch and clearly labeled at all times
- Maintaining a well-organized warehouse layout with allowances for perimeter space, staging areas for truck loading and adequate space between stacks.
Health & Safety:
- Maintaining protective clothing and gear in good condition and ensuring its availability for all workers at the warehouse.
- Maintaining a safe working environment.
- Coordinating loading and unloading of all trucks and ensuring they can leave the warehouse and arrive at sites on time.
- Signing for responsibility of all inputs leaving the warehouse and returning to the warehouse
Team & Casuals Management:
- Organizing casuals to ensure efficient execution of work
- Coordinating payment of casuals through lead casual and in accordance with local law
- Recruiting and hiring necessary number of casuals to complete daily tasks
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant courses OR Certificate in the same field preferred.
- Specialized training in warehousing or storage preferred.
- 1+ year(s) Work Experience: Broad knowledge of and experience in warehouse management required.
- Software/Computer Requirements: Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Language Requirements: Written and spoken fluency in English Language required, Fluency in Hausa is an added advantage
- Seasonal Hours – Willing to work long hours, six days a week, during Input Distribution
- Character Traits – Demonstrates humility, leadership and ability to accept and apply feedback, task oriented with the ability to stay organized under pressure
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.