The Dog Food Shop Limited has adopted a solutions-oriented approach towards the delivery of world-class, discriminately selected brands of dry and wet foods, supplements and non-food products for your dogs and cats.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse & Logistics Officer
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain working knowledge about the company’s product and service offerings and keep current on industry developments that may have bearing on warehouse and logistics operations;
- Determine staffing levels (full and ad-hoc) assign workloads and supervise their daily activities;
- Set up an efficient system for the handling and management of stock data entry;
- Manage, evaluate and report on warehouse operations and performance; maintain records, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status;
- Identify areas of improvement and establish creative solutions for existing work templates and practices;
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments and customers;
- Administer, track and coordinate receipts and deliveries. Check orders, waybills, invoices, items received, inventory, and deliveries for accuracy;
- Institute appropriate handling-in-transit that must promote package integrity, as well as timely conveyance;
- Assemble merchandise and supervise supplies, managing and maintaining suitable inventory levels for the different stores;
- Develop digital recording systems, reports and documentation for the department;
- Ensure basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations;
- Perform daily/routine inspection of the internal and external warehouse grounds, and confirm that there are no breaches in standards;
- Ensure that the warehouse is operated at the appropriate humidity, and is free of rodents and pests;
- Coordinate and maintain transportation fleet and equipment;
- Manage the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organization, in a highly efficient and cost-effective manner;
- Manage budgets, organize schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties.
- Minimum of B.Sc in Business, Management, Logistics or a related field preferred;
- Previous experience as a warehouse supervisor or a similar management position.
Requirement & Skills:
- Strong working knowledge of warehouse operations and management;
- Time management skills and the ability to delegate;
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills. Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Forward Thinker;
- Strong Numerical and Analytical Skills;
- Team player;
- Keen attention to details;
- Sound Decision-making;
- Patience, adaptability and the capacity to work under pressure;
- Integrity and accountability;
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data;
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done;
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations;
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
N80,000 – N100,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.