Value Edge Management Service Limited – We are a leading business management consulting practice serving clients across Africa. We work in all major sectors of the economy and levels of government engaging highly trained and sector-experienced consultants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Titles: Waiter and Waitress
Employment Type: Full Time
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Taking beverage orders and serving them to guests in a timely manner.
- Check guests and serve alcoholic beverages to guests in accordance with the company’s regulations.
- Always respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Take guest beverage or food orders and input them to the point-of-sale system.
- Ensuring that the bar and lounge stations are fully stocked, clean and tidy at all times.
- Establish rapport with guests to build loyal and satisfied customers.
- Pick up food orders from the kitchen and communicate to the chef regarding any special preferences or allergies.
- Replenish beverages and ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service.
- Able to up-sell all promotions available in the outlet.
- Ensure serving station is well-stocked at all times.
- Accurately total, process, and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system.
- Should know basic cashiering procedures like handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change, and processing gift certificates, cards, and vouchers.
- Be responsible for billing/credit card/payment and collecting feedback from the guest.
- Clear tables and prepare for service by polishing cutlery, glassware, crockery, etc.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas.
- Return all equipment to proper locations, lock refrigerators, restocking items, turn off lights, lock doors, and complete bar closing checklist.
- Stock and maintain the bar with all the required supplies and inventory (eg: beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws, stirrers, condiments, glassware, ice cubes etc.)
- Always take responsibility for ensuring a positive guest experience.
- Take ownership of guest request and follow up guests incidences.
- Attend daily briefings from management who will explain any special requirements for service.
- To ensure a very good relationship between the Bar, other outlets, Kitchen, housekeeping, and Front of the House.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned or as requested by Supervisors or managers.
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications and at least 1 year relevant work experience.
Applications Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.