The David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences (DNUUMS) Uburu, Ohaozara LGA, Ebonyi State, Nigeria is designed as an ultra-modern 21st century state-of-the-art International Medical Sciences University. The University’s central goal is for specialized manpower development in the most conducive environment in all aspects of medical specialties with the highest form of professionalism, ethics and excellence.The David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences (DNUUMS) Uburu, Ohaozara LGA, Ebonyi State, Nigeria is designed as an ultra-modern 21st century state-of-the-art International Medical Sciences University. The University’s central goal is for specialized manpower development in the most conducive environment in all aspects of medical specialties with the highest form of professionalism, ethics and excellence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Registrar
Location: Uburu, Ebonyi
The Position and Duties
- The University Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University, who is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except for financial matters which fall within the purview of the Bursar.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Governing Council, Senate, Convocation, Congregation and other statutory bodies as defined by the University Laws.
- He/She shall also perform all other duties assigned to him/her by the Council and/or the Vice-Chancellor from time to time.
- The ideal candidate must possess a good University H`onours Degree and a Master’s degree. He/She must also have at least fifteen (15) years post qualification experience, out of which a minimum of five (5) years must have been spent in a position not less than Deputy Registrar in a University.
- The Candidate for the position of the Registrar, must have a very good understanding of the dynamic and complex nature of University administration, must have ability to pursue and achieve set goals and objectives and must possess the drive and resilience that the University environment requires.
In Addition, the candidate:
- Must not be above 55 years of age at the time of appointment:
- Be a person of integrity and strong moral character with ability
- Must be able to relate excellently well with staff, students and the general public
- Be a person with an articulate vision and strong commitment for the development of the University
- Be up-to-date in Information and Communication Technology ICT) capacity and skills
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or evidence of Exemption.
- Must be physically and emotionally stable
- Candidate must provide a Vision Statement of not more than 500 words relating to the University in his/her tenure with particular reference to the administration of the University
Conditions of Service
- The salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for Registrars of Nigerian Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governing Council of David Nweze Umahia University of Medical Sciences, Uburu.
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials, and recommendation letters from three referees. The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail Address and Phone Number(s)
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates (photocopies of certificates to be attached)
- Previous employment(s), position(s)
- Date(s) Details of Administrative Experience (with dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Dates, including photocopy of latest pay-slip
- List of Publications (Where applicable)
- List of research/project grants received (Where applicable)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees.
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, “Application for Employment (State Category eg. University Registrar)” to:
The Acting Vice-Chancellor,
David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences (DNUUMS),
Uburu, Ohaozara LGA,
Other Important Information:
- Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover directly to the Vice-Chancellor.
- Applications should reach the Office of the Acting Vice-Chancellor, not later the specified closing date.