The David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences (DNUUMS) Uburu, Ohaozara LGA, Ebonyi State, Nigeria is designed as an ultra-modern 21st century state-of-the-art International Medical Sciences University. The University’s central goal is for specialized manpower development in the most conducive environment in all aspects of medical specialties with the highest form of professionalism, ethics and excellence.The David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences (DNUUMS) Uburu, Ohaozara LGA, Ebonyi State, Nigeria is designed as an ultra-modern 21st century state-of-the-art International Medical Sciences University. The University’s central goal is for specialized manpower development in the most conducive environment in all aspects of medical specialties with the highest form of professionalism, ethics and excellence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Bursar
Location: Uburu, Ebonyi
- The University Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Accounting Officer of the University, who is responsible to the ViceChancellor for the day-to-day financial matters of the University.
- Candidates for the post of the University Bursar must possess a considerable degree of competence, integrity and transparency in all financial matters relevant to the management and administration of a University.
- The Candidate must have the ability to effectively engage with stakeholders of the financial Sector
Qualifications and Experience
Candidate for this post shall:
- Possess a good Honours Degree and Master’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Financial Management or any other related field or related subjects from a recognized University:
- Must be a qualified member of a professional body such as
- ICAN, ACCA, ANAN, CIMA, CPA
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate
- experience, ten (10) years of which must be unbroken service in the University system
- Must have attained the rank of a Deputy Bursar, or its equivalent in a University
- Must not be above 55 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting / auditing packages and software.
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or evidence of
- Exemption 8. Must be physically and emotionally stable and be free from financial embarrassment.
- Candidate must provide a Vision Statement of not more than 500 words relating to the University in his/her tenure with particular reference to the administration and control of the financial affairs of the University
Conditions of Service
- The salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for Bursars of Nigerian Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governing Council of David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences, Uburu.
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials, and recommendation letters from three referees. The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail Address and Phone Number(s)
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates (photocopies of certificates to be attached)
- Previous employment(s), position(s)
- Date(s) Details of Administrative Experience (with dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Dates, including photocopy of latest pay-slip
- List of Publications (Where applicable)
- List of research/project grants received (Where applicable)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees.
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, “Position of University Bursar”, to:
The Acting Vice-Chancellor,
David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences (DNUUMS),
Uburu, Ohaozara LGA,
Other Important Information:
- Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover directly to the Vice-Chancellor.
- Applications should reach the Office of the Acting Vice-Chancellor, not later the specified closing date.