The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
American University of Nigeria (AUN), sub awardees to Creative Associates on the USAID Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) To Read Activity, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Teacher Performance Specialist (TPS)
Locations: Bauchi & Sokoto
- American University of Nigeria (AUN) is Africa’s premier development University. Since 2006, AUN faculty and staff have been researching and developing solutions to development and humanitarian challenges faced by Nigeria.
- As part of this focus, AUN is a sub-partner to Creative Associates International on the USAID-funded five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) to Read Activity in Bauchi and Sokoto states
- Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and in close partnership with federal partners and the select Nigeria States (designated as legacy [Bauchi and Sokoto], launching and “On-demand technical assistance), the five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) to Read project will support sustainable improvements in reading outcomes for first and second-grade pupils.
- Work with state Universal Basic Education Boards (SUBEB) staff, and Ministry of Education Staff to review and revise teaching and learning materia’s for primary education.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver TPD sessions for School Support Officers (550)
- Develop strategic methods to improve instructional support for pupis.
- Design training that assists teachers in meeting datadriven, collaboratively determined goals.
- Ensure technical coordination of statelevel activities and obtain support from directorates and local government authorities as needed.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Education required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience as a teacher trainer preferred
- Teaching experience /supervisory experience at the primary school level required
- At least 4 years of general work experience, with at least 2 years in a leadership role in a conflict or crisisaffected country context.
- At least three years of experience developing teaching and learning materials in the area of reading
- At least three years of relevant technical experience working with activities of a similar scope to this activity.
- Prior experience with the development of early grade literacy materials, training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and tests and assessments, including EGRA, preferred.
- At least three years of technical experience in developing and implementing TPD plans and results-based management.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience with a USAID-funded or other international organization implementing a program operating in insecure areas is desired.
- Fuency in written and spoken English is highly desired, and advanced proficiency is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken Hausa is required.
Application Closing Date
22nd April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (a file comprising of their Cover Letter & detailed CV including relevant experience) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.