Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs of improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TB / HIV Advisor
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of ARFH but with direct responsibility to the Chief of Party of the ACE project the TB/HIV Advisor will:
- Provide technical leadership in the delivery of TB, TB-HIV and other integrated medical services across all the ACE C4 supported sites in Niger and Kwara States.
- Develop tools, SOPs and provide recommendations related to the implementation, clinical management and monitoring of TB/HIV activities across all the ACE supported facilities
- Provide strategies and approaches, related to TB/HIV co-infection case finding and effective referrals
- Support implementation of TB/HIV including clinical mentoring of healthcare workers geared towards identification of TB/HIV co-infection cases and appropriate management.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of components related to tuberculosis programs and TB/HIV collaborative activities in all ACE supported states
- Implement innovative strategies to increase awareness of TB/HIV co-infection among people Living with HIV and prevent transmission of TB among PLHIV
- S/he will collaborate with HIV/AIDS & TB colleagues and other teams within International Programs to support implementation of high-quality TB or HIV/AIDS at the community and facility levels.
- Provide high-level technical expertise and oversight to ensure that the ACE TB & HIV programs are of high quality and impactful
- Provide technical leadership and technical support related to TB/HIV collaboration strategies and approaches related to implementation of collaborative activities
- Assist in the rollout and scale-up of suitable models for TB & HIV/AIDS service delivery, in collaboration with Ministries of Health, donors and other stakeholders;
- Support start-up of new TB & HIV/AIDS programs, work planning, and provide technical input throughout project implementation to ensure programs meet set objectives
- Provide strategic guidance for program interventions in the following areas: KPs at higher risk of TB and HIV infection, paediatric TB and HIV counselling and testing, prevention among PLHIV, HIV care and treatment, PMTCT, and integrated services.
- Represent ARFH in HIV & TB Technical Working Groups (TWG), task teams, workshops and campaigns.
- MBBS or Degree in Behavioural or Social Sciences. Possession of Master’s Degree in Public Health, Behavioural Sciences or other relevant discipline is desirable.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 7-9 years progressive experience in TB/HIV Care and treatment
- Demonstrated experience and track record in dealing with public and private donors, including knowledge of and experience with donor funded mechanisms.
- Expertise and experience with health systems strengthening and/or community-based approaches
- Expertise and experience in infectious diseases such as Tuberculosis, and HIV/AIDS
- Experience applying a gender perspective to disease specific programming desirable
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical, leadership and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work and collaborate with individuals and teams in different cultural settings, and at all levels
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of their referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).