Westsons Limited – Our client, a reputable Oil & Gas Upstream Company is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Accountant
Business Type: Upstream Oil & Gas
Reports To: GM Finance
- The Tax Accountant will be responsible for the management of all tax related transactions, contracts and activities in the organisation. In the upstream oil and gas, tax exposures could be significant, therefore the incumbent will advise on a full spectrum of tax services including compliance, contracts reviews and concessions.
- The individual must be up to date on current tax practices and changes in legislation and provide in-depth knowledge as relevant.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for overall Tax planning to deliver efficiencies to the company.
- Take lead role in tax due diligence relating to all transactions.
- Petroleum Profits Tax and CITA computations and returns for all Nigerian entities using relevant legislations.
- Corporation tax computations and returns for all Nigerian entities together with liaison with corporate office on IFRS and other international tax inputs.
- Provide advice, computations and returns for all transaction taxes including VAT, Withholding WHT, Payroll, Levies and other taxes.
- Create and manage tax models and deferred tax computations for all operating entities.
- Provide advice on tax avoidance, minimize tax leakages and avoid tax exposures.
- Proactive management of regulatory bodies (FIRS) and other tax agencies on tax matters.
- Provision of tax guidance and structures to the Board, Finance, C&P and Business teams
- Tax updates to entities on amendments to tax laws/practices.
- Provide advice, computations and returns for royalties, NDDC, ETF and NCDMB (local content).
- Reconcile general ledger entries for tax implications; provide corrective and improvement measures accordingly.
- Ensure adherence of entities to tax laws at all times – compliance, timely filing and remittance of all taxes and levies (such as Expatriate PAYE, VAT, WHT, CIT and levies) within deadlines.
- Manage all tax and regulatory reviews, audits, and investigations on behalf of the company and attend all related meetings (if required).
- Provide comprehensive report on every tax audit exercise and give regular status updates on tax cases, remittances, levies, fees, payments to agents and consultants.
- Alignment of tax reporting to financial reporting.
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Finance or any related field.
- Professional accreditation (ACA, ACCA) and tax qualification.
- Minimum of 15 years post-graduate experience; inclusive of at least 5 years upstream oil tax experience gained within an accounting firm.
- Preferable tax experience in an upstream oil company.
- Proficient in corporate, individual and petroleum profits taxation
- Previous experience supervising and training staff – on tax matters.
- Knowledge in application of tax rules generally.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be highly motivated and experienced in managing multiple matters.
- Advance knowledge in application of ERP Accounting Systems.
- General Applications: Microsoft Office packages.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Qualification BA/BSC