Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Staff Engineer, Money Movement
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
- As an engineer on the Money Movement Team, you will be responsible for abstracting out all the complexities of moving money globally.
- Specifically – working with multiple different currencies, integrating with multiple different payment methods with dozens of banks, aggregators, telcos, liquidity providers with the end goal of abstracting this complexity away from other internal services and Network API end users.
What You Will Be Doing
- Be an Owner: Take ownership with Chipper’s Money Movement Infrastructure
- Spearhead initiatives with a wide range of systems and teams to deliver a solid foundation for our global payment services
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Chipper’s engineering teams
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes across the company
- Think critically about how to best scale the infrastructure to serve the next 100m+ users on the platform
- Ensure superb data quality and availability
- Enable better monitoring, observability, reliability for a variety of third-party integrations
- Enable Chipper to launch in completely new markets or payment methods to reach customers around the world
What You Should Have
- Passion for architecting systems that are simple and easy to use.
- Limitless curiosity, persistence and a desire to get things done.
- A genuine enjoyment of learning and diving into the nuts-and-bolts of how things work.
- Ability to work autonomously, in ambiguity and collaboratively.
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Worked on systems where data consistency and availability is required.
- Demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects.
- Prior experience working in financial technology, preferably in global payments.
Great to have:
- Managing Node.js backend services at scale
- Working with event driven microservices
- Experience working across teams to champion technical intiatives
About Our Tech Stack
- Node.js + Typescript service-based architecture
- React Native Android/iOS application
- PostgreSQL application databases
- RabbitMQ for inter-server communication
- Server hosting on Heroku and Google Cloud Platform
- Fully automated CI/CD using Heroku CI and Github
- Application monitoring with Datadog, Logz.io, and Amplitude
- Snowflake for data warehousing and analysis
- Python for in-depth data analysis, transformation, and reporting
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online