First Excelsia Professional Services Limited – Our client, an innovative research and development company with trendsetting products in the education and health sector, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- Full Stack Engineer to grow the business in line with the company’s overall strategy of driving more customers and more user cases backed with a superlative learning experience.
- The primary activities of the role will entail working on both the back-end and front-end of systems to develop fully-fledged platforms (with databases, servers and clients) which don’t need other applications to function.
- The ideal role holder should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries, should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility and also familiar with Agile methodologies. For this role, 80% focus would be on the front end.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side(focus) and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software.
- Create security and data protection settings.
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation.
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve the software.
- Use a variety of programming languages in order to create user-friendly web pages
- Maintain and improve the company website and all existing projects and products.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team with other professionals such as back-end developers, data engineers and web designers
- Optimize web applications for maximum speed
- Design mobile-based features
- Make the platform look and work a little bit better every day.
- Implement designs and work together with our UX designer.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- Coach teammates and provide them with constructive feedback.
- Actively spot and report issues and work on fixing and refactoring code where needed.
- Come up with new functionalities, tools, technologies and actually build them.
- Improve legacy code as well as write new functionalities from scratch.
- Respond to the PR review requests of colleagues.
- Eager to learn new tools & languages and share knowledge with the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Programming, Computer Science or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL), web servers (e.g., Apache).
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Solid engineering capability with an eye towards performance
- Experience with Google Cloud or AWS is a plus
- Experience with micro-services or highly scalable infrastructure is highly preferred.
- Ability to write code that is clean, properly architected, maintainable, and scalable.
Application Closing Date
23rd December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Full Stack Engineer” as the subject of the mail.