Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) enables people to make powerful connections–whether in business, education, philanthropy, or creativity. Cisco hardware, software, and service offerings are used to create the Internet solutions that make networks possible–providing easy access to information anywhere, at any time.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Automation Engineer / Hands on Architect
Job ID: 1362944
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Area of Interest: Customer Experience
Job Type: Professional
Technology Interest: Networking
What You’ll Do
- As Senior DevOps Engineer / Hands-on Architect, you will own the design and development activities on a variety of devops projects in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- You will partner with internal / customer Development, Quality Engineering and TechOps teams to improve our Automation platform and services deployment and processes that streamline the development lifecycle.
- Champion best practices and standards for building, delivering, and operating reliable services.
- Ability to understand a software development and delivery process and build an architecture and work breakdown structure to automate a solution.
- Build and maintain DevOps architecture and design documents based on evolving system requirements, industry trends, and new technologies.
- Guide DevOps Engineers in crafting detailed software designs and implementing them.
- Analyse risks and raise problems in meeting system requirements.
- Ensure that the CI/CD pipeline and workflow are aligned with industry and Company-specific standards and policies and processes.
- Ensure that the CI/CD pipeline meets quality standards, including functional and non-functional (performance, security, usability, traceability, fault tolerance, etc.) requirements.
- Define, handle, and optimize cloud infrastructure through automation (Infrastructure-as-Code) for repeatable and scalable setup.
- Design and implement fully automated CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible, Terraform, Python and AWS technologies.
- Peer Review requirements and design artifacts, as well as code and configuration.
Who you will work with:
- CX is a team of extraordinary technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver premier customer experience.
- We help take on the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication.
- Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
- Will be working with one the largest service provider account
- 11+ years overall experience including 3 years as a Senior DevOps Engineer / Hands-on Architect.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum development.
- Experience establishing, implementing and delivering using Agile practices.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform, Python, ELK, Docker, and Kubernetes or related technologies.
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) or other Cloud platforms.
- Experience with Java or C#, or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience with relational and non-relational database systems (Oracle, MS-SQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Good understanding of Data Structures & Algorithms, Database Normalization and Data Integrity and OOPs.
- Awareness of NoSql will be a plus.
Desired Business Skills:
- Good written and verbal communication in English.
- Good documentation skills.
- Exposure to ISO/CMM processes & procedures.
- Prior experience or basic understanding of Insurance business and Business Automation Process is a plus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online