Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-governmental organization working with countries and communities to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by building strong, resilient, and sustainable health systems in 150 countries around the world. MSH partners with governments, civil society organizations, the private sector, and thousands of health workers to implement locally-led solutions that expand access to medicines and services, improve quality of care, help prevent and control epidemics, support inspiring leadership and transparent governance, and foster informed, empowered, and healthier communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SMC State Finance Support
Job ID: R758
Locations: Katsina & Taraba
Job type: Part time
- MSH is currently a sub recipient to Catholic Relief Services for the implementation of the Global Fund Malaria Grant (2021 to 2023) in Nigeria, which aims to implement and support malaria control activities in 11 states, including implementation of Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention (SMC) in 2 states, Taraba and Katsina States.
- Due to the high volume of stakeholders/participants involved in the campaign, high volume of transactions, payments and documentations will result. Finance and Admin short-term personnel are needed to support the campaign responsibilities.
- The Candidate shall have essential Finance and Admin skills. Candidate will work closely with the Finance Team. Previous experience in a similar position especially with Campaign shall be an added advantage. 5 individuals are needed in Katsina, 2 individuals in Taraba.
- Duration: 15 days per month from April – November, 2021 (If you have been blacklisted by the Global Fund, please, do not apply).
- Ensure efficient collation and review of payment supporting documents
- Guide participants on correcting errors
- Prepare payment schedules
- Resolve failed payments attributable to irregular documentation
- Printing, photocopying, scanning and filing of payment documents.
- Good analytical skill: ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make decisions
- Good typing skills. Good memo composition and editing skills. Good computer skills with sound knowledge of commonly used application software
- Familiar with internet search engines and able to undertake background search on well-defined tasks.
- Able to work independently by managing priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Takes initiative and can start/complete tasks with basic direction
- Excellent Computer knowledge. Proficient in Word, Excel, Email, and Power Point. Learn and become proficient in the firm’s management system (Applied) and other carrier software or websites, as needed
- Ability to Multi task and organize ongoing projects activities, looking for ways to become more efficient in completing tasks
- Consistently looks for ways to help support
- Good interpersonal skills to relate with stakeholder and colleagues
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online