Elalan Construction Company Nigeria Limited – For over 39 years, ELALAN has delivered high-quality integrated construction solutions, and we have expanded our operational and service offering to cater to a wide spectrum of construction needs in both the public and private sectors. Our portfolio of work comprises of successful projects in the residential, commercial, factories, and industrial spaces, working with clients across all sectors with differing budgets.
Asides from working alongside a team of diversified professionals and highly skilled artisans, across our various projects, we are deliberate and passionate about helping our employees fulfill their career aspirations, and in return we offer an opportunity to work in a company with history and reputable brand.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Engineer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Plan and schedule jobs for workers/artisans in order of priority.
- Manage and follow up the daily activities on site.
- Follow the time schedule of the project and re-plan where necessary to ensure that the project finishes on time.
- Read and interpret drawings and suggest changes where necessary.
- To check the quality of the job performed by the workers/artisans.
- Ensure that all workers follow the Safety policy and regulations.
- Supervise and assist the Safety Officer.
- Attend to clients on behalf of the Site Coordinator/Project Managers absence.
- Follow the sub-contractors to ensure the quality of the job is as per Elalan standards.
- Report daily activities and complaints on-site to the Site Coordinator/Project Manager.
- Singing off of requisitions of materials.
- Calculates jobs of sub-contractors for payment.
- Oversee the cleanliness and condition of the site environment.
- Ensure that all workers including yourself, follow the Safety policy and regulations when discharging their duties
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills Experience, and Competencies
- HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering / Building Technology or Equivalent+ COREN Certificate
- 7-9 years post-graduation experience in construction with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Accurate and timely setting out of civil engineering and building works on assigned sites within the Company operating area.
- Ability to understand and interpret drawings and specifications
- Ability to think both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Must be able to maintain standards of safety and comply with the Company’s health, safety and environment management systems requirements.
- Must be able to take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace
- Must be able to ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with the specification.
- MS Office, Excel, Word, AutoCAD, or similar.
N240,000 – N300,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
25th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Site Engineer” as the subject of the email.