Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shift Technician
Location: Jos, Plateau
Function: Supply Chain
Reports To: Shift Supervisor – Cereals
Purpose of Job
- To optimize the performance of machinery and equipment. Designing and implementing maintenance strategies, policies and activities across all plants, reducing breakdowns and ensuring equipment availability, reliability and maintainability.
- Development, implementation and review of maintenance schedules-Daily, Weekly, Monthly & Annual checklist to eliminate equipment breakdown and downtime in plants.
- Troubleshooting mechanical malfunctions and breakdowns as well as performing repairs.
- Establish, implement and review maintenance policies, strategies and plans in compliance with safety regulations.
- Development of local methods and /or sources of fabricating spares and machinery to reduce the dependency on spares’ import.
- Implement approved technical projects-production facilities re-design, installation of new plants and equipment and commissioning in line with global standards.
- Monitoring the availability of parts and replenishing supplies.
- Identify areas of improvement, innovation and implement approved request to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Update necessary reports, records
Education and Experience
- Trade test, NABTEB, OND, HND or related qualification in mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a reputable manufacturing/production company with hands-on in welding, fitting, machining and general mechanical functions.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Basic Knowledge of spare parts and relationship with equipment.
- Analytical skills
- Effective communication skills.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management Skills
- Physical and mental alertness
Application Closing Date
21st March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online