Udacity is on a mission to change lives, businesses and nations through radical talent transformation in digital technologies. We offer a unique and immersive online learning platform, powering corporate technical training in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. Our rapidly growing global organization is revolutionizing how the enterprise market bridges the talent shortage and skills gaps during their digital transformation journey.
Udacity is proud to be backed by respected investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital, among other leading VC firms, and provides a powerful and differentiated solution inside of a $32b total addressable market opportunity. Udacity has more than 100 enterprise customers including Airbus, Bertelsmann, BNP Paribas, Leidos, Mazda, and the United States Air Force.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Session Lead (External Contractor) – Data Analyst Nanodegree
Job Type: Remote
- Session Leads are industry professionals who provide world-class technical support to our learners in their Nanodegree journey. All our session leads are handpicked through a rigorous selection process so that we can truly be #studentfirst.
- As a Session Lead / Instructor, you will be meeting virtually on a weekly basis with your students for group work, activities and short lectures. During the week, students are expected to study an estimated 10 hours on their Nanodegree programs on their own, and you will be expected to respond to their technical questions and check-in with them to make sure they are making progress.
- This program runs in partnership with an organization with an aim to enrol 10,000 learners in Africa!
- Managing weekly Connect sessions with students according to Udacity guidelines
- Creating the Udacity Connect session agenda & notes
- Coordinating between the students and the Udacity Connect team
- Reporting to Udacity the weekly overall attendance status of students & observations about each session
- Being present at every Connect session over Zoom, helping students introduce themselves, organizing students in groups and keeping track of time
- Explaining concepts of the Nanodegree program to your group of students when needed
- Solving questions raised by students during the Connect session
- Reporting student’s attendance and progress to the Mentor’s dashboard
- Communicating with students on Slack
- Weekly check-in with all students on their progress.
Required Skills / Qualifications
- Residing in Africa is a must.
- Proficiency in speaking and writing in English Language
- Proficiency in French language is an added plus
- Technical Competence: Python, using libraries like NumPy and Pandas, Inferential statistics and probability, SQL, Data Wrangling, Data visualization
- Experience teaching technical concepts and public speaking
- Experience organizing technical talks, events, or forums
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence to lead a group of students
- Students-oriented mindset and focus on understanding their problems
- Innovative approach and proactivity with students that need help
- Positive character, trusted by the students, creating emotional ties in the group
- Existing tech network and experience in technical conversations & discussions
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge part-time as a contractor
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge as a part-time, external contractor.
Why Should You Apply?
- Earn additional income
- Contribute to a vibrant, international student community
- Stay updated with the latest in cutting-edge technologies.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online