Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Product Manager – Crypto
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
- Our mission here at Chipper is to unlock global opportunities and connect Africa, one transaction at a time. Every day we’re chipping away at the huge challenge of moving money freely across oceans and Africa as well providing various opportunities for saving and earning money by introducing investment tools and educating on them.
- Chipper has recently released both Crypto trading and onchain products to its user base to provide with various investment assets to save and earn money. The initial adoption went very well.
- As a new Senior Product Manager at Chipper you are hired to lead this product area and given the opportunity to work on one of the new strategic features:
- P2P Chipper to Chipper account crypto transfers
- Adding an ability to pay with crypto for other Chipper products (airtime, bill payments)
- Crypto news and educational courses
- USDC settlement wallets.
- Pick one feature to work on next. Now, you have to run a discovery project to evaluate this value proposition, propose a product strategy with a clear action plan to bring the product to market.
- Please create a proposal to be presented to a panel of business, design, and engineering leaders. Your proposal should include:
- A strategic vision for your product
- Scope for your first version
- Visualize how this feature would work
- Key metrics to measure success
- Business case and operating model for this new product
- Potential risks to launch and operate your product
- Team organization to deliver on your vision.
- For our discussion, you’ll often have to move based on assumptions. We put more emphasis on your thought process and the content of your presentation than process descriptions and perfectly calculated numbers or validated insights.
What We’d Like To See
- Your understanding of the product-market fit of the feature and its alignment with the Chipper’s strategy and the existing product.
- Your target for user engagement, unit economics and development effort of the feature.
- How do you envision key elements of the user experience (feel free to develop a story map and wireframes)?
- What scope would you pick for the MVP and why?
- How would you validate your hypotheses during a real discovery phase?
- How would you compose your team during discovery and development phase?
- Who would be key stakeholders to involve in the discovery and the development process?
- How do you approach the launch date? What needs to be in place? How do you create excitement?
- How would you monitor the success of the feature during launch? How would you identify what to improve?
- What happens after shipment of the product? What issues can arise? How do you prepare and who needs to be involved?
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online