Leverage Seeds Limited is an indigenous seed company helping farmers maximize their profit through provision of genetically pure seeds of improved crop varieties, affordable fertilizers, and agrochemicals, as well as guide farmers on Good Agronomic Practices for bumper harvest.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Agronomist
Location: North (Funtua), Katsina
Employment Type: Full-time
Recruitment type: 1-year renewable contract
The job description for the successful candidate among other things include:
- Preparation of workplans and budgets for annual seed production activities (out-growers), seed quality testing of available seeds stock and scheduling of restocking of seeds based on results of quality parameters.
- Coordination of seed processing activities and warehousing
- Conduct and management of field trials and seed production activities
- Data collection, analysis, and presentation of results to scientific community
- Conduct of laboratory tests on soil, seed, and crop samples
- Establishment of seed and vegetable production fields
- Establishment of demonstration plots for training of farmers on good agronomic practices
- Development of quick production guide for crops such tomatoes, cucumber, maize, soybean, rice, and yam.
- Training and supervision of general staff
- Preparation of budget, technical reports, and financial reporting on project activities
- Any other duty assigned by the management
- M.Sc in Agriculture with 1 year of relevant experience or BSC in Agriculture or related discipline with not less than 3 years of relevant experience in similar role.
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their cover letter and CV to: email@example.com using “Senior Agronomist – Funtua at Leverage Seeds Limited” as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: Remotely: No. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.