The Federal University of Technology, Owerri was established in 1980 by the Federal Government of Nigeria. The University strives for excellence an is poised to becoming one of the best University of Technology in the world. The University is committed to the production of high level manpower, engaged in cutting edge research and community service for the achievement of national developmental goals and global relevance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Owerri, Imo
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University except as regards matters for which the Bursar is responsible.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- The candidates for the position must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age at the time of appointment.
- The appointment is for a period of five (5) years subject to one (1) year extension.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should not be officers below the rank of Deputy Registrar in a University or similar Institution.
- Possession of a higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Membership of recognized professional bodies is mandatory.
Specifically, the candidate is expected to:
- Be a person with good leadership qualities who can inspire and motivate a crop of young administrative officers to be able to get the best out of them;
- Be a person of high integrity, who promotes merit;
- Be a person who enjoys excellent physical and mental health;
- Be focused and innovation and
- Be computer literate/proficient
Conditions of Service
These are the same as in the Federal Public Service and as applicable to Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the University Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) copies of their Application Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting among others the following:
- Name in full (Surname, in Capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Contact Address: Postal Address, GSM Number(s) and E-mail Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational Institutions attended (with dates)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Working Experience, including full details of former and present post(s)
- Present Employment, indicating present status and salary
- Extra Curricula Activities
- Names and Address of three (3) Referees.
All applications should be sent to the address below:
Federal University of Technology,
P.M.B 1526 Owerri,
Note: In addition to stating the names and addresses of the Referees, candidates should request each of their nominated Referees to send a Confidential Report on them to the Registrar, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.