Federal College of Education (Technical) Gusau was established in 1989 and the academic activities commenced in May, 1990 with intake of 110 students spread in the school of Business Education and School of Industrial Education.
The Governing Council of the Federal College of Education Technical), Gusau, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar (Female Only)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day performance of his duties.
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and head of the Registry Department.
- The Registrar is responsible for the day-today administration of the Registry
- Function as Secretary to the Governing Council.
- Function as Secretary to other statutory Committees.
- Responsible for keeping all records of the College.
- Issuing of Certificate of Service, Results and Transcript g. Interpreting extant rules.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
To be eligible for appointment as College Registrar, the candidate must possess the following requirements:
- A good honours Degree in any of the Social Sciences, Art Subjects from any recognized Institution of higher learning, in addition, candidate must possess relevant master’s Degree from any recognized institution of higher learning with at least 18 years cognate experience.
- Must have been a Deputy Registrar on CONTEDISS 15.
- Evidence of continuous mandatory professional development.
- Proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- Must have a membership of recognized professional body in the relevant field;
- Successful candidate must not be above the age of fifteen nine (59) years at the time of taking up the appointment.
Terms of Appointment
- The Registrar shall hold office for a period of five (5) years in the first instance, beginning from the effective date of assumption of duty and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment, and may be renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another term of five (5) years and no more.
- The Conditions of Service are as obtainable in the Federal Colleges of Education system. Candidate appointed will be entitled to all officially approved benefits attached to the Office of the College Registrar.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in soft copy “read only” compact disks, two (2 nos) using MS Word Package and Fifiteen (15) hard copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials which must include the following:
- Full Name, Surname underlined
- Marital Status and Number of Children indicating the age of each
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin.
- Telephone Numbers and e-mail Address.
- Current Postal Address and Permanent Home Address.
- Educational Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates.
- Academic Honour and Membership of Professional Bodies.
- Work Experience in Chronological sequence.
- Present Employer, Status and Salary.
- Evidence of Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Evidence of Medical Fitness from a recognized Government Hospital.
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees one of whom must be the present Employer.
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelope marked “Application for the Post of Registrar” on the top left-hand comer and addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Federal College of Education (Technical),
P.M. B. 1088, Gusau,
- Candidates are required to ask their three (3) referees to forward Confidential Reports on them to the below address before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.