The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruitment Intern
Requisition ID: req23061
Location: Maudiguri, Borno
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Intern
Open to Expatriates: No
- The International Rescue Committee’s mission is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.
- Founded over 80 years ago, the IRC is a leading humanitarian and development organization with presence in more than 40 countries. Across contexts, the IRC is committed to delivering innovative, high-impact programs tailored to the needs of communities affected by crisis.
- The IRC began working in Nigeria in 2012, aiding communities displaced by large-scale floods.
- In response to escalating armed conflict in 2014, the IRC launched an emergency response in Yola and has since scaled health and nutrition, education, protection, and WASH programming across Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe (BAY) states.
- As one of the largest multi-sector actors in the northeast, the IRC has strong linkages with civil society organizations (CSOs), state line ministries, and local stakeholders to ensure lasting gains for communities in need.
Scope of Work / Main Purpose of Job
- This includes, but not limited to, management of both electronic and hard copies of recruitment documents, conducting reference check, Anti-terrorism check for consultants and new hires.
- Maintains employment files and records per IRC policy and legal regulation.
- Update our internal databases with new employee information, including contact details and employment forms
- Screen resumes and application forms for casuals and enumerators.
- Schedule and confirm interviews with candidates.
- Post, update and remove job ads from job boards for lower-level recruitment.
- Support recruitment exercise
- Support in creation of new staff recruitment files
- Updating the existing personal files, ensuring that they all have the necessary information.
- General organization of Recruitment Office documents/paperwork
- Any other official duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Good understanding of full cycle recruiting.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Candidate should have the desire to learn about all aspects of HR
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills, including ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English, Hausa and or Kanuri
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment.
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (IT) / Computer Sciences.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, and the ability to work with confidential information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills is a must have.
- Very good attention to detail, and strong interpersonal skills
- Should be fluent in English. Any additional language skills is a plus.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct.
- These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
- IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Working
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online