Sifax Group is one of Africa’s fastest growing multinational corporations with diverse interests in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage & Logistics, Oil & Gas and Hospitality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reach Stacker Operator
Location: Tincan, Apapa – Lagos
Grade Level: Assistant Manager
- Reach Stacker / Empty Handler operators will position containers for import, export, examination and domestic distribution.
- They tailor their services to meet organizations need. They coordinate daily tasks in timely manner and reports results to Plant Coordinator
- Meets with the previous and incoming shifts and discusses the balance of work and works that needs to be attended.
- Operating Reach Stacker/Empty Handler effectively
- Unloading and transportation of shipping containers
- Complying with standard operating procedures
- Ensures containers are stacked and staged properly.
- Follows a routine based on established methods and procedures.
- Follows safe operating procedures and instructions, preventing any injury to persons, damage to containers and other equipment and property.
- Ensure continuous operations with a hot seat changeover at shift changeover at shift changeover times.
- Actively promote safety culture and awareness at all times and ensures a safe workplace policy.
- Be well versatile with safety procedures, lifting and rigging procedures, risk assessments when operating the cranes.
- Minimum of SSCE or ND, BSc, B.Tech will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience
- Proficient with terminal standard equipment’s and technical expertise.
- Thoroughly familiar with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices terminal operations.
- A comprehensive understanding of container terminal operations, especially vessel cargo logistics, hazardous cargo, break-bulk and special cargo handling requirements and equipment
- Communication Skills
- Training Skills
- Technical Zeal
- Reporting skills
- Knowledge of equipment operations and maintenance Procedures.
- Manage to handle emergency situations, work pressure and stress.
- Excellent knowledge code of ethics.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to complete work projects on time and in an effective manner.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A keen eye to details and good decision-making skills.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.