Elevation Craft Nigeria Limited helps organizations save time and money by hiring the right people to join their teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quarry Manager
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
- As the Quarry Manager, you will be responsible forensuring that our client’s quarry, pits and the opencast siteoperate successfully
- You will also oversee all operations both onsite and in the office, manage staff, coordinate production and monitor all site systems.
- Examine the materials produced to ensure that a high quality of the product is maintained;
- Monitor all areas of the quarry to ensure that extraction and processing work is carried out to the highest standard;
- Assess equipment and production materials levels; undertake regular site inspections and risk assessments in order to comply with all health and safety regulations;
- Liaise with staff on-site and deal with any technical or staffing challenges that may arise;
- Balance sales and output;
- Ensure that key government health and safety legislation is implemented throughout the site;
- Manage Performance of the production process by setting and monitoring targets
- Provide the MD with information and statistics on the quarry’s performance
- Develop links with relevant local groups and organisations
- Manage and regulate the quarry’s budget
- Maintain up-to-date records and deal with paperwork
- Keep up to date with relevant government legislation and industry developments
- Develop inspection systems and checklists
- Write development proposals and reports
- Manage and recruit staff when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc in Chemistry / Industrial Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences / Engineering, Geology / Mining Geology, Geophysics, Materials Science or other related fields.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in a similar role
- A strong level of technical understanding of quarrying environments and extraction systems.
Behavioural Qualities and Skills:
- Project Management
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to think strategically and to problem solve
- Capacity to make quick decisions and to think on your feet
- Commercial awareness
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge of health and safety issues and how they relate to practical working environments
- Strong customer service skills
- Good business and management skills
- Project-management skills
- Leadership qualities and team-building skills.
Application Closing Date
22nd April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.