George Houston Resources Limited – Our client, a Woven Sacks Manufacturing Company located in Lagos state is looking to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Amuwo Odofin, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Objectives of the Role
- Interpret, build upon, and comply with company quality assurance standards
- Carefully maintain complaint and nonconformance processing through records and tracking systems, including root cause and corrective actions
- Document quality assurance activities with internal reporting and audits
- Develop new standards for production and design, with improvements as needed, and create testing protocols for implementation across all service lines
- Identify training needs and take action to ensure company-wide compliance
- Pursue continuing education on new solutions, technology, and skills.
- Working together with a Quality Assurance (QA) team to assess product problems and brainstorm solutions
- Checking that raw materials or components involved in the production process are of suitable quality
- Inspecting production machinery and employees to make sure the production process runs smoothly
- Writing production plans that minimise risk of mistakes during production
- Estimating time involved in assuring each product’s quality
- Meeting project deadlines
- Writing and reviewing testing plans
- Performing stress tests that expose the product to increased temperature, vibration, and humidity
- Investigating causes of defects that occur during the testing phase
- Assessing whether employees need training to prevent mistakes during production
- Creating test plan automation procedures
- Suggesting improvements to company infrastructure and processes to prevent future mistakes during production
- Communicating with Quality Control about existing defects and how to prevent them in future products
- Communicating with other departments such as project management and engineering to coordinate scheduling for QA testing
- Reporting discovered defects to all relevant departments for correction
- Applying technical skills related to the product being tested (knowledge of programming languages to software QA, knowledge of machinery for hardware, etc.)
- Conforming to regulations and international standards when it comes to testing and quality assurance.
- Bachelor’s degree or HND
- 5-15 years of working experience as Quality Assurance professional in the manufacturing sector
- Superb computer competence, including database management
- Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version control practices and defect management practice
- Experience working in the woven sack industry is a must.
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Qualification BA/BSC