Federal College of Education (Technical) Gusau was established in 1989 and the academic activities commenced in May, 1990 with intake of 110 students spread in the school of Business Education and School of Industrial Education.
The Governing Council of the Federal College of Education Technical), Gusau, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Provost (Female Only)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
- Candidates for the post must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations, positive managerial attributes and ability to attract funds to the College.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College, and is charged with the responsibility of seeing to the day-to-day management and operations of the College.
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the institution was established.
Among others, some specific duties of the Provost indude being:
- The Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College;
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College;
- A member of the Governing Council of the College in-charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances, infrastructures and academic matters and ensuring that the decisions of Council are carried out promptly;
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with Financial Regulations, Treasury Circulars and Governing Councils decisions/directives under sound financial discipline and management;
- Responsible for ensuring that meetings of Council and its Committees are serviced
- A person to foster good rapport with the relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Education (PME), National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCF) and other professional bodies that would lead to the ultimate attainment by the College of the status of a Centre of Excellence.
- Candidates should possess a Doctorate Degree from a recognized University with a field relevant to at least one programme in the College.
- He/She should be a registered and active member of a Professional Association in the field of Education. The possession of professional Teaching qualification, a minimum of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), in addition to registration as a Professional Teacher with Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) is Mandatory.
- Candidates should not be above fifty-nine (59) years of age at the time of taking up the appointment.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification teaching/research experience and in addition must have held a senior teaching/research and top administrative post in a College of Education system as evidence of ability to manage human and material resources,
- Candidate must show evidence of good track record in result oriented researches reaching high National and International status in their research achievements, as evident in scholarly publications.
- Candidate must be a Chief Lecturer with at least five (5) years cognate.
- Candidate must be of good conduct and character, possess sense of discipline, dedication, drive and resourcefulness and be able to command. He/She must be somebody who is not likely to foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interests.
- Candidate must be proficient in Computer and its packages.
- Candidate should show evidence of Community Service both local and national development.
- Candidate must be a man/woman of vision, a goal getter, and one that can execute a strategic plan for the college.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years in the first instance and maybe eligible for re appointment for a second and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance.
Salary / Remuneration
- The salary / remuneration are as contained in the Conditions of Service for Provosts of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria and may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in soft copy “read only” compact disks, two (2 nos) and Fifiteen (15) hard copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of credentials which must include the following:
- Full Name, Surname underlined
- Marital Status and Number of Children indicating the age of each
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin.
- Telephone Numbers and e-mail Address.
- Current Postal Address and Permanent Home Address.
- Educational Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates.
- Academic Honour and Membership of Professional Bodies.
- Work Experience in Chronological sequence.
- Present Employer, Status and Salary.
- Evidence of Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Evidence of Medical Fitness from a recognized Government Hospital.
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees one of whom must be the present Employer.
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelope marked “Application for the Post of Provost” on the top left-hand comer and addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Federal College of Education (Technical),
P.M. B. 1088, Gusau,
- Candidates are required to ask their three (3) referees to forward Confidential Reports on them to the below address before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.