Cam is a Nigerian dairy company that aggregates raw milk from settled pastoralist communities and processes it into nutritious dairy products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Type: Contract
- We are looking for an agile and dynamic Project Manager passionate about sustainable building design and architecture. The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of Cam’s state of the art food processing Factory.
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day planning, construction management and oversight, selection and coordination of vendors and contractors, and closeout of all building activities.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track, submitting project deliverables, preparing status reports, establishing effective project communication plans, and the proper execution of said plans.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors from cross-disciplines for the flawless execution of projects.
- Obtain permits, approvals and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation. Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress and involve all relevant stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Supervise the work of labourers, electricians, engineers etc. and give them guidance when needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Acquire equipment and materials, and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office tools e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent proficiency in project management tools e.g. Microsoft project, flow charts, Gantt charts, asana.
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of tools – slack, google meet/zoom,
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Solid technical background, with hands-on experience in industrial building construction.
- Fluent in English
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong communication skills – for liaising with a range of clients, professionals and workers on site
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills – for writing and monitoring project plans and schedules and utilising time and resources effectively
- Resilience and problem-solving skills – in order to overcome unexpected challenges during the construction process
- An ability to make decisions under pressure, so that the project can progress on budget and schedule
- Strong attention to detail for conducting site inspections and managing complex contracts
- An awareness of health and safety procedures and legislation – for running a safe construction site
- Sound commercial awareness – to allocate and manage your budget effectively and to understand client concerns
- Knowledge of relevant building methods
- Good knowledge and handling of project and program management methodology and techniques.
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online