Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager 2 – GRC
Job Number: 1268779
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-Time
Role type: Individual Contributor
Travel: 0-25 %
- Do you want to work in a highly impactful area with passionate and creative people who are dedicated to building compliant products and services, and help meet commitment to our Customers that Microsoft runs on Trust? If so, the Windows, Devices, and Gaming (WDG) Governance, Risk, & Compliance (GRC) team in the Experiences + Devices organization is looking for an accomplished Senior Program Manager to lead and drive high quality compliance programs, operations, and tooling.
- In addition to enhancing customer trust, the mission of the GRC organization is to protect Microsoft revenue by managing risk, ensuring resiliency, exceeding internal and external regulatory, and overall product quality and compliance for key products and services.
- As a key member of our team, you will be responsible for working with a team of professionals focused on supporting and driving Microsoft compliance programs and chartered with ensuring that Microsoft products and services meet regulatory requirements and corporate policies and principles.
- This position requires the ability to navigate across the Enterprise with coordination at all levels, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to formulate issues and recommendations clearly. The role will focus on ensuring that business-aligned tactics are in place to support delivery of our company-wide goals and objectives.
- Work with customers and partners to successfully onboard them to compliance services.
- Help define requirements and write specifications for new tooling capabilities, develop workflow diagrams, perform risk/cost benefit analyses, and be a conduit to the GRC engineering team.
- Work cross-functionally with all areas of the program, including product and services teams, CELA, process partners and other key stakeholders by driving compliance rhythm of business and GRC leadership awareness of compliance issues and opportunities
- Update and maintain data in business systems and resolve data quality issues with business owners and engineering teams.
- Monitor and report progress against various compliance goals.
- Monitor compliance bugs, tasks, and exception requests, working with engineering teams to identify deadlines, and ensure resolutions on-time.
- Manage content of internal team documentation and websites to improve communication within our team and engineering teams.
- B.Sc / BA in Computer Science; Information Systems, Engineering, Business or related field or the equivalent experience.
- 3 – 5 years prior experience in technical program management/product development engineering.
- Demonstrated track record of defining process/product strategy, building partner commitment around it, and successfully delivering on time.
- Excellent skill in authoring precision functional specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers and leadership on a regular rhythm.
- Excellent process-oriented project management, organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in cross-group environments, high collaboration and social skills.
- Demonstrated foresight to identify potential issues for Microsoft and address them proactively.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and with ambiguity.
- Technical depth in feature and cross-dependency architectures.
- Ability to understand a range of hardware/software technologies.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills to work through conflicts diplomatically, ability to drive clarity in chaos and organize people’s workload.
- Strong focus on engineering excellence and positive team culture.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams and partners.
- Prior working experience in compliance programs, operations, or tooling.
- Experience with Microsoft tools such as ADO, GitHub, SharePoint, Power Apps etc.
- Experience with data integration/database engineering platforms and services.
- Familiarity with Live Site and DevOps best practices.
- Experience with ML/AI and statistics.
- Experience developing APIs and coding.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.