Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant – Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE)
- The program assistant will support administrative, financial, logistics and programmatic tasks required for efficient implementation of COVID project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the planning, implementation, and coordination of technical activities and field visits;
- Assist with gathering technical updates for program planning, implementation and adaptive learning;
- Support the team to maintain files within google drive, disseminate project information among the project team, schedule meetings and track deliverables using program management tools;
- In collaboration with Senior Program Officer, assist with development of concept notes, activity profiles, budgets, training plans, abstracts and other relevant documents or publication related to the project interventions.
- Assist with strengthening effective relationships with national and subnational stakeholders.
- Support the planning for programmatic research processes.
- Monitor and ensure all related activities and any challenges are documented and reported on a regular basis.
- Other duties as identified by the supervisor.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of an HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Social Sciences or Health Sciences.
- 1 – 3 years experience working within the health sector and in related tasks. Experience of working on a USAID-funded project an advantage.
- Familiar with internet search engines and able to undertake background search on well-defined tasks.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages and database software and applications.
- Proficiency in writing and editing letters, reports, and document is required.
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken) in English language is required.
- Fluency in any local language will be an advantage.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria and work successfully within a cross-cultural, multi-sectoral, multi-project team-based environment.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward copies of their CV in PDF format to: email@example.com using the Job Title and the Location as the subject of the mail. e.g., “Program Assistant – RCCE, Abuja”.