RA trading is a furniture manufacturing and interior design company in Lagos who specializes in furniture manufacturing in areas such as residential, office furniture and kitchen cabinets. established in Nigeria by prominent experts in furniture manufacturing with over two decades of experience in interior design.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Professional Furniture Maker
Employment Type: Full-time
- Carry out planning and survey to identify and implement of trending styles and ideas in construction
- Interact with clients to obtain information as regards their specification and preferences for a project
- Proffer recommendation on appropriate furniture designs and styles, considering costs and choice
- Provide cost estimate of materials required for the construction of wooden fixture
- Select suitable wood type, as well as other materials needed for construction work
- Create custom woodworks used in the crafting of fine furniture units
- Repair or replace damaged wood parts in structures such as beds, cabinets, and desks
- Ensure the regularity of woodwork by carrying out smoothening and various operation using planes and staining materials
- Conduct studies on classic woodwork to attempt a reinvention or reconstruction of such designs
- Take measurements to establish furniture dimensions during the design or construction of wooden structures
- Cut and shape wood materials to obtain components for a furniture unit
- Assemble and join wood components with the aid of nails, glue, and hammer to form a complete structure
- Bore holes on wood materials/structures to create lodge space for screws and bolts
- Install wood add-ons such as hinges, handles, and locks onto finished products
- Guide and supervise the activities of junior or trainee furniture carpenter.
Requirements and Skills
- Education and Training: To become a furniture carpenter, you require at least a High School Diploma which allows you entry into a trade school.
- Furniture carpenters usually go for a 3 – 4 year apprenticeship program during which they learn and hone their carpentry skills. Contractors/employers often provide training programs for furniture carpenters
- Physical Strength: The furniture carpenter job is a physical field that entails the use of sheer force in applying tools and materials to achieving desired objectives
- Artistic Skills: Furniture carpenters are able to create aesthetic wood pieces applying their knowledge of carpentry
- Business Skills: Furniture carpenters are adept to properly marketing and showcasing their expertise to secure business contracts
- Dexterity: Furniture carpenters are skilled in the use of various tools and machines to create desired patterns and shapes.
Application Closing Date
9th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.