Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
Lacation: Victoria Island , Lagos
Industry: Luxury Fashion Brand
Employment Type: Full-time
- In this role, you are responsible for ensuring the overall production process runs smoothly and efficiently by monitoring production and embellishment processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee production process and manage individuals in the production team to ensure efficiency.
- Prepare job cards.
- Assign tasks from the job cards to tailors.
- Carry out fabric tests before production.
- Hand out fabrics and accessories to tailors and beaders.
- Monitor pattern cutting to curtail waste.
- Conduct quality control on in process and finished garments.
- Ensure that the production process conforms to company standards.
- Monitor team members to achieve the daily production targets.
- Develop and implement innovative strategies for seamless operations.
- Analyze production data to identify and resolve any production issues.
- Ensure that team members abide by workplace safety rules.
- Plan production meetings, production activities, team schedules, machine maintenance schedules and maintains budgets and product quality.
- Research on ways to improve staffing in the production team.
- Follow up with recruitment processes in the production team, assess new hires (tailors, finishers, pattern makers etc) and check if candidates hired have the required skills for the role.
- Stay abreast of the latest fashion trends and product competition.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
- 5 years plus experience in garment making/ a related role
- A positive attitude to work and be able to motivate a team
- Must be able to multitask
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Effective communication
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
N200,000 – N300,000 / Month.
Application Closing Date
18th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.