TalentSquare – Our client is a Fin-tech startup looking to solve local mobile money payment and seamless border-less transactions in Africa.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Designer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Contract
- We are looking for a Product Designer that can take ownership of tactical design work associated with our client’s product. This includes responsibility for delivering design maps, user journeys, wireframes, supporting visuals, prototypes and pixel perfect design comps.
- In this role as the Product Designer, you will be responsible for the overall user experience of a product.
- Your success will be measured on design output and the overall success of the product. We are looking for someone who is focused on actual customers and the value a product can bring to those customers.
- Maintain a good understanding of product strategy, and contribute to its continuous improvement and impact on relevant strategic initiatives
- Continuously collaborate with UX personnel, Product Manager and Engineers from discovery through to delivery
- Incorporate regular testing of designs to incrementally validate and refine ideas and uncover new insights
- Develop holistic user experience designs by thinking about the customer’s journey over time as they interact with the product and the company as a whole
- Create low and high-fidelity prototypes as a means for communicating ideas and soliciting feedback using the most appropriate tool(s) for the task
- Incorporate both interaction design (e.g. underlying conceptual models, workflows, and control layouts to manipulate such concepts) and visual design (e.g. composition, typography, visual brand) during product development
- Advocate for the product strategy and associated roadmaps both internally and with key external partners
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on products and performance
- Facilitate workshops to tease out objectives, understand business requirements, identity problems to be solved, and brainstorm solutions
- Experience designing beautiful and satisfying mobile and web interactions [Both building and shipping features across native applications and/or web products]
- Must be done with University
- Knowledge and experience with Interactive designs, illustrations and motion graphics.
- Deep understanding and application of principles of Product Design and concepts of Design Thinking.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with natural ability to articulate and defend design decisions.
- Outstanding portfolio showcasing creative, contemporary design across a breath of business verticals.
- Ability to be self-directed and fine dealing with ambiguity
- Previous experience with a fintech/consumer internet/B2C or B2B start-up is a plus
Skills / Tools:
- Figma, Sketch, Adobe suite, Abstract
N300,000 – N400,000 / Month.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Employees can work remotely