Terre Des Hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of children in need.
We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world. Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
General Description of the Position
This position is a national position. Position is based in Maiduguri with regular travel within the regions of Tdh operations in Nigeria.
The Procurement Manager oversees:
- Supporting the Logistic Coordinator in Implementing and supervising all procurement operations in Maiduguri and other field sites in Nigeria.
- He/she will contribute to organizing procurement support for programs, by keeping in line with Terre des hommes procedures.
The purpose of the position is to buttress the implementation of procurement activities regarding the projects and the base(s) of TDH, more specifically:
- Assist the Logistic Coordinator in the Management of the Supply Chain by sustaining the following domains:
- Stock Management / Warehousing
- Human Resources
- Support the Logistic Coordinator in carrying out a purchasing environment analysis at the local level.
- Aid in supervising the update of price lists and supplier files.
- Assist in managing Tdh purchasing procedures and those from donors funding the programs.
- Help the Logistic Coordinator in establishing and updating purchasing timelines, taking into consideration procurement tables, operation timelines, contextual and procedural logistical constraints.
- Back the Logistic Coordinator in receiving, approving and processing requests for quotes and internal order forms.
- Buttress the Logistic Coordinator in ensuring that budgetary lines related to logistics are monitored and observed.
- Support the Logistic Coordinator in supervising the preparation of purchasing documents and drafting the contracts.
- Aid the Logistic Coordinator in supervising purchasing, ensuring that approval rules and procedures are observed.
- Help the Logistic Coordinator in selecting suppliers and negotiating prices, deadlines and delivery methods.
- Buttress the Logistic Coordinator in ensuring that purchasing documents are complete and archived in keeping with Tdh procedures.
- Assist in ensuring dealings with suppliers.
- Identify suppliers, and collect quotations according to Logistic coordinator
- Ensure that all the needed information is filled on quotations
- Ensure a proper filing system of all procurement files and documents and constantly update the follow up tool
- Negotiate the price, delivery time and other terms with suppliers
- Ensure the quality of the purchase and the delivery deadlines
- Ensure the collected documents are compliant with the procedures: supplier stamp, signature, date, description…
- Provide invoices and receipts to the administration according to the rules of the organization
- Ensure a good communication with the program Managers at all the level of the purchase process
- Ensure a weekly report on the procurement follow-up is updated and disseminated,
- Ensure the supply of all recurrent items (Office supplies, cleaning items, drinking water, etc…)
- Identify with the Logistic coordinator the new suppliers and make a permanent research of new sources of supply on the benefit of the organization.
- Drafting framework, good and service contract, and follow-up for their renewal
- Report any problem with supplier to the Logistic coordinator.
- Do quality/quantity control for all supplies ordered and delivered
- Ensure the implementation of TdH Procurement procedures.
- Organize the procurement process.
- Ensure the archiving of procurement files and contracts follows TdH procedures
- Prepare any kind of report requested by the Logistic coordinator
Stock Management / Warehousing:
- Help the Logistic Coordinator in selecting storage locations and creating a plan for the development and security of these sites
- Buttress the Logistic Coordinator in ensuring that material is stored under suitable conditions.
- Assist in ensuring procedures are follTerre Des Hommes (Tdh)owed as stock is checked in and out.
- Aid the Logistic Coordinator in seeing that all documentation linked to stock is complete and correct.
- Buttress the Logistic Coordinator in supervising monthly physical stock inventory.
- Aid the Logistic Coordinator in ensuring the assets cover the support and program needs well.
- Support the Logistic Coordinator in ensuring an accurate and regular equipment follow up
- Support the Logistic Coordinator in ensuring that Procurement support meets Program’s expectations.
- Aid the Logistic Coordinator in ensuring good level of communication between Programs and Procurement Service
- Assist in ensuring quality of store management and reporting.
- Buttress the Logistic Coordinator in ensuring the quality of the transport and delivery of all stock items.
- In close collaboration with the program team, help the Logistic Coordinator to manage the stock reconciliation.
Human Resources – Management:
- Support the Logistic Coordinator in analyzing and quantifying procurement staff needs.
- In close collaboration with the Logistic Coordinator, supervise recruitment, training, and management of the Procurement team according to identified needs.
- Help the Logistic Coordinator in conducting performance reviews for members of the procurement team and support logisticians in this task.
- Manage directly its direct subordinate and indirectly their team.
- In close collaboration with the Logistic Coordinator, ensure that all Procurement staff members have appropriate appraisal and training from their line Manager
- Assist the Logistic Coordinator in organizing formal team meetings with its team at regular intervals.
- Support the Logistic Coordinator in consolidating logistics packs monthly and transmitting it to Logistic Advisor DHA.
- Help the Logistic Coordinator in providing monthly logistic Sitrep
- In close collaboration with the Logistic Coordinator, provide all information needed to draft Donor logistic intermediary and final reports
- Attending any relevant meeting in his field of expertise (UNHAS, Log Cluster, work groups, partners)
- Agree to comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and promote Child Safeguarding policy.
- Report serious cases of abuse on children that she/he would be aware of in Tdh’s intervention locations. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
- Adhere to and enforce current administrative and logistical regulations and procedures
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, or related field (Formal education/training in Supply chain desired) and Master’s degree in applicable field is an added advantage – ‘can be compensated with experience (at discretion of evaluation team)
- 4 years experience with similar tasks, particularly in procurement
- Advance IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet, Server, LINUX)
- Experience in team management
- Previous experience with an INGO/NGO is desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful environment
- Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Required qualities: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills
- Desirable: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- To have a valid driving license is an asset.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Hausa and or Kanura is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
5th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online