RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Officer
Job Code: 221E3
Department: Contract Management
- Under direct supervision of the Finance Manager, the Procurement and Logistics Officer is responsible for the management of all project procurements and assist with processing service contracts, leases and rental agreements; coordinating logistics and travel arrangements; and supporting project trainings, workshops, meetings and surveys in the field in full compliance with RTI policies and procedures.
Essential Duties, Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as a Procurement Officer for the project, assuring all sub-contracts, consultant and other service contracts, and purchase orders awarded by the project are in compliance with RTI Procurement Policy for International Offices and USAID rules and regulations.
- Identify vendors for office lease, utilities, furniture, equipment, programmatic supplies and other necessary office services in accordance with RTI procurement procedures and in consultation with RTI’s regional and head offices.
- Execute procurement tasks for all procuring equipment and services (hotel, airline tickets, etc.).
- Receive, review and process incoming requests ensuring sufficient clarity on specifications given for goods and services. Confirm any other relevant information from requestors and seek recommendation from regional or head office IT support team members for related IT goods.
- Coordinate and ensure that all project related purchases are reviewed and approved in accordance with the purchase authorization matrix.
- Maintain records of all transactions, ensuring that an efficient filing system for records of all quotations, procurement process, copies of records of expenditure, receiving reports, receipts, local order forms, etc. are kept accountable and easily accessible by managers.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of ordered goods/services and ensure through established procedures that all received goods/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the PO/SA. Furthermore ensure quality and opportune delivery of purchased goods/services.
- Responsible for project property control and inventory management; keeps records of controlled and managed equipment in RTI systems.
- Maintain record list of property and managed equipment for the project into RAMS application and submit relevant issues to home office.
- Act as the property control officer (asset move, asset lost, asset on loan, etc.) and responsible for proper recording of the project office assets.
- Responsible for asset disposal management as appropriate.
- Oversee payment preparation and documentation and liaise closely with the finance team concerning payment of purchased and delivered goods and services.
- Assist with processing and maintenance of encumbrances (Fee for Service Contracts, Lease Agreements, Rental Agreements, etc).
- Coordinate logistics planning and administration for travel, accommodation, and per diem for in-country conferences, meetings, and study tours.
- Support in-country project meetings, workshops and surveys. This may include booking rooms, coordinating schedules, issuing and tracking meeting invitations, preparing meeting agendas and supporting materials, and preparing meeting notes, as well as dispersing funds in the field.
- Provide high quality document formatting and production assistance.
- Other general administrative duties as assigned.
- Domestic travel may be required occasionally.
Minimum Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s Degree and 1 year of experience or
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education
- At least 3 years’ experience in project procurement and administration.
- Additional professional training in procurement and logistics management preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement policies and regulations a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and procurement software.
- Strong organizational, reporting and management skills.
- Proven experience in working collaboratively with Nigerian government units at all levels as well as local NGOs is preferred.
- Ability to successfully work within a team, have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple, high pressure activities.
- Fluent in English and have strong interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse professional and social backgrounds with a service-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with international development organizations, with its systems and policies.
- High degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and in matrix organization.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-tasking setting.
- Experience with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online