Dream Catchers Academy for girls is a free boarding, educational, creative/ performing arts academy for orphaned / indigents girls Nigeria. We are using Arts Education and sustainable education to create world leaders and arts ambassadors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Primary School Teacher
Location: Elepe – Ikorodu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Primary School Teacher serves as a homeroom and subject teacher. He/she is both a teacher and a class manager or administrator, motivating the children to be at their best.
- The Primary school teacher is responsible for teaching the approved curriculum subjects to pupils aged 5-11 (and sometimes older because of the peculiarity of the academy), guiding them through what is arguably the most important stage of their education.
- Because of the peculiarity of the children at the academy, it is expected that every teacher stoops to develop a great professional relationship with the students and contributes meaningfully to their emotional welfare and building their self confidence to be their best.
- Particularly, the teacher will need to develop an intervention program for the children who do not meet the benchmark in their classes.
Areas of Responsibilities and Key Tasks
Planning, Teaching and Class Management:
Teach allocated pupils by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through:
- Use of the school’s unique curriculum
- Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed.
- Setting tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest.
- Setting appropriate and demanding expectations for the students
- Setting clear targets, building on prior attainment
- Identifying SEN or very able pupils.
- Providing clear structures for lessons while maintaining pace, motivation and challenge; making effective use of assessment and ensure coverage of programmes of study.
- Ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time.
- Maintaining discipline in accordance with the school’s procedures and encouraging good practice about punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework.
Using a variety of teaching methods to:
- Match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary
- Use effective questioning, listen carefully to pupils, give attention to errors and misconceptions
- Select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills
- Ensuring pupils acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught.
- Evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness.
- Ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support
- Taking account of pupils’ needs by providing structured learning
- Opportunities which develop the areas of learning identified in the curriculum and particularly the foundations for English and Maths.
- Encouraging pupils to think and talk about their learning, develop self-control and independence, concentrate, and persevere, and listen attentively.
- Using a variety of teaching strategies which involve planned adult intervention, first-hand experience and play and talk as a vehicle for learning.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting:
- Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching.
- Mark and monitor pupils’ work and set targets for progress.
- Assess and record pupils’ progress systematically and keep records too
- Check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning and recognition of
- Prepare periodic progress reports on each child
- Report cases that need attention to the Head of School through the Head of Primary School.
- N.C.E / HND / B.Sc Degree with 2 – 5 years relevant work experience.
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applicants must live within Ikorodu and its environs.